HK sear value?

Mazak

Recent fleming and qualified HK sear sales have been $45k. I’d say $40k is a pretty fair price. Some sellers are trying to push $50k, but that’s a “hey look what I have” price, not a serious attempt at selling. My business partner recently snagged a DLO HK frame for $45k, which is a really good price for that at the moment.

Edited by JoshNC

Fleming, Qualified, and S&H are your top tier sear picks and as stated before, expect to pay $40k-$45k for one. There have been some sears with a host pop up for $40k or so which is good for you as the value of the HK host gun brings the sear price down. 

Josh-Your partner got that DLO box from MWT? If it’s the same one, I called as soon as I got the email but it was gone. Nice buy on that as they are normally bringing much more than that. 

• Like 1

What is the process for purchasing in the same state?

Once we find a dealer to do transfer , is it best to give partial amount say 50% to seller? Does the dealer hold the sear until ATF approves ?

Thanks for all the information.

On 7/15/2023 at 6:37 AM, Got Uzi said:

Fleming, Qualified, and S&H are your top tier sear picks and as stated before, expect to pay $40k-$45k for one. There have been some sears with a host pop up for $40k or so which is good for you as the value of the HK host gun brings the sear price down. 

Josh-Your partner got that DLO box from MWT? If it’s the same one, I called as soon as I got the email but it was gone. Nice buy on that as they are normally bringing much more than that. 

Yes, that’s the one. I called him and he immediately called MWT. Got lucky on that one. If he didn’t buy I was going to.

On 7/25/2023 at 7:17 AM, johnsonlmg41 said:

fascinating.....I would consider the DLO box a downgrade? 

The DLO box uses all factory unmodified fullauto fcg parts. In my opinion, it is the pinnacle of transferable HK conversion devices. It’s only negative is that it is SEF and if you want to go ambi, it requires real gunsmithing to achieve it. 

I have a DLO box and a fleming sear in a 4-pos 3rb pack. If I could only keep one, it would be the DLO.

18 hours ago, JoshNC said:

The DLO box uses all factory unmodified fullauto fcg parts. In my opinion, it is the pinnacle of transferable HK conversion devices. It’s only negative is that it is SEF and if you want to go ambi, it requires real gunsmithing to achieve it. 

I have a DLO box and a fleming sear in a 4-pos 3rb pack. If I could only keep one, it would be the DLO.

You're aware that if you put a sear in an SEF pack it also uses the same exact full auto FCG parts except the sear itself and the spring, as your DLO box?  I have one box and many sears, I'd keep the sears since the setup into burst packs and ambi packs is WAY easier than modding a DLO box......and easy to swap back.   So your advantage is not having to find a different spring?  And having the one trick pony of an SEF non-ambi box?   I just did an eval on switching my box to ambi and it's a PITA.  A fraction of the time and money to setup a burst pack for a sear. 

I recall the days of the RR push pin being the high dollar holy grail....long gone as people wised up, but maybe it's still a thing on HKpro?

2 hours ago, johnsonlmg41 said:

You're aware that if you put a sear in an SEF pack it also uses the same exact full auto FCG parts except the sear itself and the spring, as your DLO box?  I have one box and many sears, I'd keep the sears since the setup into burst packs and ambi packs is WAY easier than modding a DLO box......and easy to swap back.   So your advantage is not having to find a different spring?  And having the one trick pony of an SEF non-ambi box?   I just did an eval on switching my box to ambi and it's a PITA.  A fraction of the time and money to setup a burst pack for a sear. 

I recall the days of the RR push pin being the high dollar holy grail....long gone as people wised up, but maybe it's still a thing on HKpro?

A sear still requires a retimed hammer even in a SEF trigger pack. I have a DLO frame and a fleming sear.

The DLO allows use of a roller sear, use in a E gun host with a factory correct E autosear, and does not need a retimed hammer.

I too remember when the RRPP HK was considered the pinnacle. It’s what I wanted until I wised up about 18 years ago when I bought my DLO frame from Doug Oefinger.

I wanted to have my DLO converted to ambi 4-pos around 07, called Mike Woodward at TSC and he talked me out of it. I’m glad he did. 

My fleming sear is in a 4-pos 3rb pack for when I care about that. 

I’d still choose my DLO frame over my sear if I had to keep just one. 

Edited by JoshNC

No need for the re-timed hammer in SEF pack.  Have a couple, they run just fine, however sear location can vary and affect the performance depending on who and how they did the conversion?  No need for the roller sear either, that's a time tested fact of the thousands of friction sears running just fine.   In a 21 or 23E, you'd be running a burst pack to look authentic, so the registered box....unless you want to do a lot of work to convert it, is out.  Once again, the sear wins out as most versatile and cheapest to install in other trigger packs, and if you change your mind, switch back.

If I had the ambition, I might trade out my housing for another sear?  90% chance I'll be converting it to ambi over the winter though.

I should look into putting the registered housing into the MGA 249, maybe that's a better place for it?

55 minutes ago, Michaels Machines said:

FYI you can't put any HK sear pack or box in a semi M249.

Ask ATF if you don't believe it....only able to use in same family of HK's

MM

So , what sear pack could you put in a semi m249 ? 

On 8/2/2023 at 7:36 AM, johnsonlmg41 said:

No need for the re-timed hammer in SEF pack.  Have a couple, they run just fine, however sear location can vary and affect the performance depending on who and how they did the conversion?  No need for the roller sear either, that's a time tested fact of the thousands of friction sears running just fine.   In a 21 or 23E, you'd be running a burst pack to look authentic, so the registered box....unless you want to do a lot of work to convert it, is out.  Once again, the sear wins out as most versatile and cheapest to install in other trigger packs, and if you change your mind, switch back.

If I had the ambition, I might trade out my housing for another sear?  90% chance I'll be converting it to ambi over the winter though.

I should look into putting the registered housing into the MGA 249, maybe that's a better place for it?

Different strokes. We can agree to disagree. I’ll trade you my fleming sear straight up for your DLO box. 

13 hours ago, Mazak said:

So , what sear pack could you put in a semi m249 ? 

None according to ATF. The semi 249 is not in the HK roller delay family. ATF holds that using a transferable sear or trigger box in a MGA 249 constitutes making a post sample. It’s bullshit and all of the NFA, 68 GCA, and 922(o) are completely unconstitutional. But it’s where we are at present.

6 hours ago, JoshNC said:

None according to ATF. The semi 249 is not in the HK roller delay family. ATF holds that using a transferable sear or trigger box in a MGA 249 constitutes making a post sample. It’s bullshit and all of the NFA, 68 GCA, and 922(o) are completely unconstitutional. But it’s where we are at present.

Yes, people quote that all the time from one guy decades ago.  Where is that written?

If so, does that mean you can put it in a semi Mg42 or Semi Cetme Ameli, etc. and any other roller gun? 

15 minutes ago, johnsonlmg41 said:

Yes, people quote that all the time from one guy decades ago.  Where is that written?

If so, does that mean you can put it in a semi Mg42 or Semi Cetme Ameli, etc. and any other roller gun? 

HK 9x pattern roller delay. But you knew that already.

It’s been years, but it’s been discussed ad nauseam. And MGA won’t share the supposed letter they have noting legality. Even if they did share it, the letter isn’t worth anything. We all know that ATF can reverse a decision at whim, ala Akins, Slidefire, pistol braces, etc.

I personally think it’s bull$h-t. If a firearms is designed to use a HK fire control group, It should be legal to use an HK sear in it. And I’d bet there are a few MGA guns being run with an HK sear. 

It should be fought in court, honestly. But so should essentially all gun laws.

The time is ripe to challenge SBR, AOW, SBS, and silencer status as NFA regulated under “common use”. And to challenge the sporting clause of the 68 GCA, 922(r), etc. Then go after 922(o). Then the NFA.

At present with regard to a MGA 249 and a HK sear, I wouldn’t personally touch it. But ymmv. 

Edited by JoshNC

I can tell you MGA had no letter when they existed or I'd have a copy.  Course on the flip side they had no working/functioning MGA249 either LOL.  A "letter"  is not required to produce a firearm in the US.....so far.  It has been discussed a lot, but no letters have surfaced on the other side either AFAIK it's all been based upon hearsay of one guy many decades ago.   I see mentions of it on another site on threads that were locked......the sharing of information and opinions apparently verboten there, like vaccine opinions?  LOL

Risk tolerance in firearms has always been fascinating to watch.  I've had a lot of people who refused to touch a MG for fear of leaving their fingerprints on it, but I assume you when you said you "wouldn't personally touch it", you didn't mean literally?   Did you?   And then there's the "special" licenses and permits you have to have that I keep hearing about to have MG's?  I'm sure that's true in some places, but I've not had that issue, and in fact once put 2 MG's on my key chain, waltzed through the airport and onto a plane?  Who knew that was possible?

1 hour ago, SGT Fish said:

For what it's worth, letters do exist about putting FNC sears in FN SCARs. 

I’ve seen one of those letters. I think those are total nonsense. The SCAR is an evolution of the FNC.  The first SCARs used fnc lowers and fcg.