Fight Light MCR Brownells 15% Black Friday

carversc

Don’t know if anyone else is interested but I was looking at the Fight Light MCR Belt Fed uppers and Brownells is including them in their Black Friday 15% off sale.  That brought price down to $4785, enough for me to finally cave in.  With tax and shipping it came to $5110, but still not bad.  Hell might not have frozen over, but I bet it’s a bit cooler than usual!

S

IMG_4288.jpeg

8 hours ago, AirCav73 said:

They are a lot of fun!

Mine runs like a "fine tuned clock" with a RDIAS or M16 lower.

It is a 2018 version of MCR.

I'm always curious on the internal setup of your lower for the MCR. Heavy buffer, Tubb spring?

3 hours ago, Ryo said:

I'm always curious on the internal setup of your lower for the MCR. Heavy buffer, Tubb spring?

I used a full lenght Colt stock, MCR Full length Stock Spacer, Geisslle "Super 42" Buffer spring with a H3 buffer and a Geissele Super Select-Fire SOPMOD (SSF) trigger group. 

My personal experience on 2 of the very early ones as an original depositor is, just follow the instructions on the buffer and they work fine.  It's not rocket science.  I did make my own feed trays though out of necessity since I got the alum. ones.  The stories abound over the years of all the secret sauce, springs, buffers, inserts, ammo, lube, link stretchers, rabbits feet, and papal blessings.   Most of that may work, until it doesn't, then the quest begins for the 42 dated MG34 spring with 6.6 coils removed and stretched twice, followed by special beaver oil lube, etc. 

It's all very amusing, and completely unnecessary.