What's with all the "SOLD" marked ads?

Chef

I agree with everyone that’s posted above and I’ve seen a lot of this lately too. 

I’ve got this same gun that I have been contemplating listing but the seller marked it sold and removed their asking price. 
Does anyone know what their asking price was on this?

https://www.sturmgewehr.com/forums/index.php?/topic/33924-sold/

Edited by KickStand

I'm with you all on this.. Deleting ads and just writing SOLD clutters up the boards...  @Buddy H We need bring back the ZAPPER ... Lots of ads on the old boards got zapped for board violations... Board etiquette is important.... I am glad to see "Bump to the top" violations being addressed... Some guys were Bumping their ads up every 3-4 days...

Aaron - Mohnton, Pa

Edited by Aaron in Mohnton Pa
  • Like 2

• Buddy H featured this topic

I agree.

I miss the Buddy enforced listing criteria...you know back in the day when you could quickly scan a for sale list and see pretty much ALL pertinent features about the gun - including PRICE in the ad header alone. And boy if you missed a comma or screwed up the format Buddy would rain hell down upon you publicly. It was awesome and funny and very effective. Sheeesh...I still have nightmares all these yrs later about mis -formatting my WTS ad. hahahaha.

Seriously though... removing the last list price of an item after a completed sale is poor form IMO. Sure I guess it's the sellers "right" to do whatever they wish to some degree...but it's pretty clear the ONLY reason you'd go obscure that after the fact is prevent current sales listing/buy data from other market participants so that somehow you can maintain your edge as you see it. I bet this is an exclusively dealer tactic. I personally do not like it- for anyone, dealer or not. While it's certainly NOT my site and I'm just a average Joe 6 pack here....I view you leaving that data intact as the price you pay to the community at large here for being able to list your item in the first place...yeah...even if you have a paid subscription. That's just a nominal amount of money for most sellers...esp when mgs sell for $10k-$100k.

• Like 2

Many pay for the privilege of being on strumgewehr.com. That said, one needs to abide by the rules, if not... those that are not obeying the rules brings chaos to the board. If those that bring chaos to the board, don't put to use right action themselves, I support managements obligation to put an end to this bad precedence.The only way to deal with this unacceptable behavior is to bring it to an end. The only other options for them would be to go elsewhere or start there own website. Please correct me if you think I'm wrong... none of these people can justify their actions with a response. 

• Like 1