DIAS over on Gunspot

Delta-10

https://gunspot.com/listings/detail/13197/steel-ar15-drop-in-auto-sear-dias-transferable/

I noticed that the serial number starts with a "SP" and thought I remembered reading that when folks registered their Colt SP1 rifles back in the day using a drop in sear they would put the serial number of the gun on the sear thus making it "married" to the gun. I would hate to put down 60K then discover a problem with the paperwork down the line.

It seems to me that if someone were to just register a sear by itself the serial number would be something more generic.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

41 minutes ago, marks said:

It won't surprise me if someone pays it but holy smokes, 60K!

Wonder if there will ever be a top end on these little drop ins?

I could kick my own ass everyday for not buying one of these when I was just starting out.

I'm afraid I waited too long and they have become prohibitively expensive. 

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Flevvy said:

There is a chance, a very small chance that this sear was divorced from a receiver in the past, but who's to say. There are definitely a lot of weird cats out in the MG world.

There are a lot of weird cats.   Any chance WV could help you track down the potential manufacturer / registrar to get the real story?

It's a DIAS, doesn't matter what number is on it, it can be separated from the gun at any time (unless you have a short barrel upper on it not SBR'd)

The mfr is on the paperwork and in this case EB appears to be the mfr.?   With that and the serial number on the paperwork you should be good to go.  60K might be a value to someone that believes RR's wear out and and DIAS are actually just drop in and run.  Since we can conclude colt never made DIAS's we can infer someone else made it and registered it and picked their own serial number, but lacked understanding or creativity and could have used #1.  The mentioned seller in the link above knows little about MG's, so the fact he mentions his is married when it's not, should be another red flag.  He puts out a lot of soup cans on the shelf, but can't really tell you what the soup tastes like or even how it was made? It's a fairly common problem in retail today LOL.

2 hours ago, johnsonlmg41 said:

The mentioned seller in the link above knows little about MG's, so the fact he mentions his is married when it's not, should be another red flag.  He puts out a lot of soup cans on the shelf, but can't really tell you what the soup tastes like or even how it was made? It's a fairly common problem in retail today LOL.

Are you referring to Ruben or Frank or both? 

22 hours ago, Colt Chopper said:

I would think the registration would tell the story. If it has no barrel length given, wouldn't  that be a clue ?

Not always. 

My registered Uzi bolt (Wilson Arms Co.) has a barrel length of 10.25" and an overall length of N/A on the associated Form 4. O.o

The National Firearms Registration and Transfer Records is so full of errors that it warrants another full Amnesty, in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, MontanaRenegade86 said:

Not always. 

My registered Uzi bolt (Wilson Arms Co.) has a barrel length of 10.25" and an overall length of N/A on the associated Form 4. O.o

The National Firearms Registration and Transfer Records is so full of errors that it warrants another full Amnesty, in my opinion. 

Honestly I agree they should do another amnesty for everything  with this brace registration bs coming up.

On 1/1/2023 at 3:47 PM, Thumpy said:

Honestly I agree they should do another amnesty for everything  with this brace registration bs coming up.

I am doubting that this will happen. If it does.. I'll be sending forms in.