HK T&E ONLY added value?

Rex Tyson

1 hour ago, b_san said:

Assuming it's a pre-sample? Ask Tony but for me, various stampings on a firearm don't make a penny of difference when Im buying.

Yes. Meant to say it was a presample. I have two and was thinking of selling one. If it doesnt matter in anyones opinion I would keep this one just because I guess.

Being a presample, it limits the sales to dealers.  In my opinion dealers want to get a nice MG for a low price go for pre86s.  Unless it has history I wouldn't think it would add a huge amount of value to it. Being unique, it might help sway someone buying yours than some one else's MP5.  Note that this is an opinion only.

If selling and not in a rush, just price it high to see the interest. Then adjust the pricing if you don't get that many bites.

I would ask the place where you picked them up from about the history of them.. if possible. 

I’m not an HK fanboy but I’m an MP5 fanboy lol that being said I fell into a pre sample MP5SD-A3 marked with HK T&E ONLY. I have a nice pre sample MP5 now but it would be nice to have a pair of T&E guns.....hint hint wink wink 

And no that doesn’t mean I have to have it, but would be interested at the right price. 

Edited by Got Uzi
  • Like 1

I've got a stack of HK stuff, but I'm not an aficionado.  The thing about markings on HK's is that a lot of them are fake, so I don't put any stock in any markings on HK's.  All my emphasis is on parts origin, and for the most part all of my stuff is pure HK, with the exception of my SD cans and registered sears.  30 seconds on the laser engraver and it can have those markings as well.   What exactly does T&E mean? 

On 12/1/2020 at 11:30 AM, b_san said:

Assuming it's a pre-sample? Ask Tony but for me, various stampings on a firearm don't make a penny of difference when Im buying.

The "HK T&E ONLY" marking does add value, but only to collectors.

Tony

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Got Uzi said:

Yes that’s what T&E it stands for. 

Heres my T&E marked MP5SD....my guess would be that if Rex’s were a fake then mine is too given the stamping is nearly identical. 

4D45E243-6864-4F27-849C-E96629D4DD32.jpeg

5539E1D7-5FF9-4D2D-86DE-8B11FD8423BB.jpeg

D3C91379-9507-49E4-BA52-2A078E34AE44.jpeg

Gorgeous sample--- PM to you.

Tony

I'm a fanboy too and yes I know what it stands for and yes its real, no laser engraving. Ive probably had this one since before laser engravers!  I was just thinking I have one that has it and one that doesnt. If I sold one and kept one I would keep this one unless it had a $5K (?) or something added value that someone would want to pay for it. To me it might be worth a little more but if I have the choice between the two for the same price I would just keep this one. Thats the basis of my question.