All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. @POLLC Thanks for the referral Alan.... @Red Cent , Do you need the feed pawl spring for the feed tray pawl or the top cover pawl?
  3. This comment below is from Bob Naess: "Does a fed agency not use a licensed importer for obtaining an MG and receive transfer of it on a form 5? MGs are imported with usual ATF import authority to a licensed importer regardless of end user, No? You are suggesting that a federal agency importing an MG receives it on a form 5 that is NOT stamped with import compliance restrictions for the agency because it is "govt."? If there is no stamped compliance for post-sample on the F5 and when it is transferred from the agency it transfers out on an F5 which "launders" it and then, because the paperwork is not stamped for post-May compliance possession, it appears in subsequent transfers as transferable.....? Have you seen an approved transfer to a fed agency? They should be stamped for post-May compliance. They are post-May imports! ATF screwup.....or?"
  4. Selling multiple guns, no scams. This is the cleanest one. Had an issue with a bidder on GB not having an 07/02, so one is back up for sale.
  5. This is my understanding of pre-86 MP5's imported BY law enforcement agencies (i.e. not imported by ACME Guns and resold to LE): a) non-restricted (Registry- “IMPORTED NFA FIREARM” as the manufacturer; in possession of law enforcement for a significant period of time are eligible to have restrictions removed and become “transferable”; @ 4,000 to be removed) Tony
  6. Local guy has / had one that I worked on to run reliable. His was magazine / magazine fit related and a barrel with little chamfer to feed that the bolt was peening. Suomi mags work well in the gun.
  7. I was just about to post a mention of Frank's book. I have a copy and it's got pretty much all the history. I own two MK 760's. One made in Fruithurst, Alabama and the other made in Panama City, Florida. I've not yet added a California gun to my collection. While they can be a bit less refined than the S&W guns they can be made to run. The biggest issue is with the magazines. I have around a dozen MK magazines and maybe two of them are reliable. On the other hand, Finnish Suomi magazines will fit and function with just a bit of sanding on the front pad. I was skeptical until I got my hands on some. I've never had my Fruithurst gun run so well. The Panama City gun is a bit more finicky. It has one or two mags that it likes. But it runs really well with those two mags. One interesting note, when I first got the Panama City gun I noticed that the recoil spring was really strong. This makes me wonder if it was replaced or my Fruithurst spring was replaced or just worn out. I did replace the extractor spring in the Fruithurst gun and that helped with reliability. I trimmed a M16 selector detent spring to a proper length and it works quite well. I will say this about the MK 760's. It's not an ideal first machine gun. Many do not run reliably out of the box. They're ok if you are mechanically inclined and have the patience to tinker and tune. I know the first ones made were the Fruithurst guns. Many of those were made with original S&W parts that the two partners sourced from the company when they bought everything to manufacture the guns. Some consider these to be the best model. The Panama City guns are a little rougher. The bolt is nowhere near as smooth sliding in the receiver. The charging handle is loose in the bolt and has rubbed a groove on the outside of the receiver. The California guns are the ones with the worst reputation. The reason being that they were up against the May 19, 1986 deadline and were cranking them out as fast as possible. They were also converting the semi auto guns they had in stock so serial numbers will have different prefixes depending on what model it was born as. The early California guns had stamped sheet metal magazine wells but later guns had wells that were investment cast and those have embossed letters rather than stamped. Anyway, that's my experience in a nutshell. They're not horrible guns but there's plenty better. If I were going to advise someone on what should be their first machine gun it would be a M11/9 with a Lage slow fire upper. An Uzi would probably be number two on the list. Everything else just gets more expensive or more complicated.
  8. I purchased this from the original owner. It was unfired when I purchased it. It probably has about 300 rounds thru it. Runs perfect.
  9. Years ago I saw some guy on Youtube who was popping balloons and ringing gongs at 100 yards with a .38 snubbie. I also read somewhere that FBI stats showed that most gun fights occurred within about 7 yards or so. I get acceptable accuracy at 10-15 yards with both my Colt .38 and .32 snubbies. And by "acceptable accuracy" I mean I'm on the paper or ringing the steel. Try some different loads or just get some practice. Kevin in NC
  10. So which is the price? This supposedly sold on GB, now it was on here at $8,600 and again at $11,600?? Can someone explain what’s going on, or is someone trying to run a scam here?
  11. Yesterday
  12. Having issue finding your PM. Will be back at shop Monday and will try again then, or try my email. dave.gilmore@sbcglobal.net
  13. So I shoot MG's the most but have quite a few CCW carry guns. The last few times I went to practice with the revolvers (.327 & .357) it seems accuracy sucks. Anything past 5yds is almost off the target. Do I need more practice or are these 2" subbies just that inaccurate?
  14. SGAmmo is an outstanding outfit! I’ve ordered from them many times including some of this 50BMG - API & APIT. Buy all you can guys, these are the good old days. (I have zero affiliation with SGA other than my buying history). The pic below is this same ammo. My 1/2” AR500 plate didn’t stand a chance.
  15. Ammo Inc, Shield, 223 Remington, 62 Grain, SS109, 50 Round Box Match Grade .223 Remington 62gr SS109. Superior accuracy and consistency thanks for load-specific engineering. Balancing velocity, accuracy and recoil, the Ammo Inc. development team carefully analyzes every load to optimize performance to achieve the specific outcome of superiority. Made in America using Hyperclean technology. The Finest Rounds on the Market Balanced Velocity and Recoil 100% American Made Components Hyperclean Technology - Shoot more, Clean less SPECS Brand or Manufacturer: Ammo Inc Model or Type: Match Cartridge: .223 Remington Bullet Weight: 62 Grains Bullet Style: SS109 Muzzle Velocity: 3000 FPS Muzzle Energy: 1239 ft-lb Primer Type: Boxer Corrosive: No Reloadable: Yes AMMO INC SHIELD 223 REM 62GR SS109, 50RD BOX $27.89 https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/AMMO-INC-SHIELD-223-REM-62GR-SS109-50RD-BOX-460p12632.htm Thanks for looking and happy shooting! RTG Parts 931 Frank St. Sheridan, WY 82801 Phone: 307-675-1191 Email: brayton@rtgparts.com
  16. Terminal Ballistics in Orange Grove Texas will build integrally suppressed 180 barrels. Just got off the phone with the owner. They rebuilt one of mine and made a can for another. Contact 361-490-4020.
  17. Every thing you need to know about the '76 the MK 760 (both MK760 manufacturers), The M76A1, and the Swedish K
  18. Complete Astra Model F Machine Pistol with shoulder stock, holster, and magazines. This is one of the finest made machine pistols as it has a rate reducer that limits the full auto fire to 300 rounds per minute. You will want to throw your Mauser Model 1932 machine pistol shooting 1000 RPM over the hill after shooting this beautifully made gun. This gun is a terrific shooter! The gun is a Pre-May sample and can be transfered to a Class III dealer or an 07/Title 2 Manufacturer. $25K
  19. PM sent for the Springfield XD. Thx
  1. Load more activity