Paper Form 4 wait times?

Just got one back that was approved March 5th. Submitted on July 13 last year, so 8 months from my dealer to me. Still waiting on one submitted a month later (August) but it was from an individual to individual. Not sure if that makes any difference.

I’m waiting on a seller’s paper Form 4 transferring to my dealer for about 6 weeks. I was hoping that a transfer to a dealer, even on a paper Form 4, wouldn’t take too long. My dealer uses eforms so hopefully once he gets it it can be transferred to me in a reasonable amount of time.

There are some threads on Reddit about this if you search for ATF compliant electronic fingerprinting (EFT file format). The go-to company seems to be one called Printscan that operates out of a lot of UPS store locations (as Frank mentioned). Supposedly you make an appointment, they scan your prints with some kind of device, then you can download the file later and use it over and over as an attachment when you efile. They have a template specifically for use with ATF forms. I have not done this personally, but I'm planning to give it a shot asap since I'm tired of rolling prints, especially when purchasing multiple items.

I used Tyr-ident. It was super easy. I ordered a physical print from Silencershop (needed it for a paper form 4 anyway), scanned at 600dpi on my scanner, sent it to Tyr and they sent back an .eft

That said, I haven’t actually used it yet, but have it ready for next time I do a Form 1. 

3 hours ago, GUNBUGS said:

Did a paper Form 4 recently. Received by ATF 22 Jan. Approved and mailed back 11 March. 49 days. The fastest paper Form 4 I've ever gotten. Light speed compared to the past.

Was it a paper form 4 to an individual? That's crazy fast.

If your local/friendly PD has an e-scan fingerprint scanner, they can do those cards for you too.  Can print directly to FD-258 cards that you may have pre printed with ATF ORI code or can be printed into that format from blank card stock.  If the scanner accepts your prints at the time of fingerprinting then they are usually good to go, as most of the scanner software hit more points and pore mapping vs ink prints.  

22 hours ago, MarsOrBust said:

Was it a paper form 4 to an individual? That's crazy fast.

From an out of business SOT to our Corporate FFL/SOT. Responsible individual, prints, photos, Corp documentation. For a pre-sample.

• 3 weeks later...

The seller of an item I’m purchasing submitted a paper form 4 transferring to a SOT which was received by the NFA Branch on Feb 12, approved on March 26 and received back by mail on April 10th. 

Hopefully my e-form 4 will come back even sooner! 

Edited by Husker402