Form 4 transfer time-new record

Bill in Bama

Please let this be true! 

my last form 4 suppressor from capital armory took 76 days, efile. 

but I just did my first transferable and submitted the efile form 4 last week. Here’s to at least hoping that I’ll get it for most of the summer! 

• 2 weeks later...

had 2 eForm 4s recently come back in 4 weeks. Fingers crossed that my paper form 4 follows suit. The engineer in me keeps trying to figure out what changed or why some scenarios go fast but I can't come up with any pattern. I'm definitely going to buy more cans if this keeps up though.

• Like 1

I had two purchases on eform 4s submitted in Aug '23 that were approved mid-Jan '24 (about 5 months). I then had a third eform 4 submitted around thanksgiving that was approved in Jan a day or two after the first two (47 days). So, as others have said they appear to be batching the approvals.

You guys are going to hate me. 15 days to approved for a MG. My first MG actually! Efile F4.  Just 10 business days. Was approved last Friday.  Submitted 9pm Feb 8, so I didn’t count that day, ha. Absolutely crazy. I was expecting half a year. 

3 hours ago, jcwallace84 said:

You guys are going to hate me. 15 days to approved for a MG. My first MG actually! Efile F4.  Just 10 business days. Was approved last Friday.  Submitted 9pm Feb 8, so I didn’t count that day, ha. Absolutely crazy. I was expecting half a year. 

Congratulations (lucky sob lol) on your first mg !!!! lol

• Like 1

I just sent off five 3-file Form 4's (all same customer) so we'll see how long it takes this time.  Maybe at some point before I die they will get routine transfer times down to their stated goal of 2 months or less.  Maybe pigs will start bombing Washington too.

But what no one is able to answer is WHY??  Why are we seeing this kind of turn around yet other people are still waiting 10-12 months on eForm 4's.....something doesn't add up here.  Are they letting the others sit so they can process the new ones in record time?

On 2/26/2024 at 5:02 PM, jcwallace84 said:

Congrats.  Hope mine clears in a short time like that.

11 hours ago, Uncle Zeek said:

Congrats.  Hope mine clears in a short time like that.

Fingers crossed.  The efile EFT as individual method seems to be great. And also I had an approved from 4 can, and several (non brace amnesty) form 1’s from later last year.  Not sure if having that EFT file associated with those helped in any meaningful way at all. 

4 hours ago, M60D said:

Possibly just not as many weapons changing hands these days for F4 transfers

Three weeks ago the system showed 194,xxx transfers in the works (Form 4).  So I don't think it's slowing down any.  The transfer times then showed 188 days for e-file and 201 days for paper.  13 days difference might not even be worth the effort if there's a glitch in the system.  Of course, my  53 day e-file transfer approval defies those numbers, but as has already been stated, there's no rhyme or reason to when one gets approved.  That was true when it was all paper and it still applies with e-file.

Pretty Darn Good: Submitted for a transfer to Form 4 on January 11, 2023; approved February 22, 2023. 42 days.

Best: Submitted for a transfer to Form 4 on February 24, 2024; approved March 6, 2024! 13 days!!! 

Both of those were electronic filings on Form 3s to Form 4s. I really hope this is an indication of the Bureau really getting things in order. I haven't tried to transfer any of my much older items that are on paper forms. 

On 2/28/2024 at 6:38 AM, Got Uzi said:

But what no one is able to answer is WHY??  Why are we seeing this kind of turn around yet other people are still waiting 10-12 months on eForm 4's.....something doesn't add up here.  Are they letting the others sit so they can process the new ones in record time?

read the atf realease, fbi was tired of being the scape goat for the atf incompetence, told everyone it literally takes seconds for a check.

now they are approved within minutes, but the atf is still slow

I’ll be a test case. I have one paper Form 4 submitted a month ago bookended by 2 eForm 4’s before it (already approved) and 2 eForm 4’s after (1/2 approved in 2 days). :fingers-crossed: