Gun Insurance

OUBETA

Who is everyone using for high value gun insurance? I have a machine-gun collection I'm looking to get insured. 

Does every gun have to be appraised if it's over a certain value?

Thanks 

God Bless

I use Eastern Insurance.  The rate of my policy is $3.33 per $1000 of value with a $250 deductible.

No appraisals required

Blanket & Scheduled limits can be constructed and balanced to meet the needs of the insuree

Coverage includes while the item is in transit (shipment)

Ammo and Reloading Equipment riders also available.

14 hours ago, StrangeRanger said:

I use Collectibles Insurance Services. 888-837-9537

$150K of coverage costs me about $750/year

Items insured for more than more than $25K have to be specifically listed put no appraisal is required

Damn! $750 a year is outrageous.

1 hour ago, Chef said:

Damn! $750 a year is outrageous.

My quiet crime-free suburban neighborhood is separated from a relatively high-crime commercial area by an Interstate highway which pretty much limits access from one to the other.  Unfortunately we share a Zip code and that's what the insurance companies use when setting rates. Same issue with homeowner's and auto insurance

3 hours ago, pinball-1 said:

CoreVens for me. Hands down best price, service, and ease of use that I've been able to find, and I did a somewhat extensive search last year.

Does CoreVens offer separate / stand-alone policies for firearms / collectibles or are you insuring your collection with higher coverage or riders on your existing home owner's policy?

1 hour ago, hkg3k said:

Does CoreVens offer separate / stand-alone policies for firearms / collectibles or are you insuring your collection with higher coverage or riders on your existing home owner's policy?

Stand-alone policy.

I have State Farm for home/auto and to add any kind of firearms insurance through them is absolutely insane (like 10x's the amount).

2 hours ago, pinball-1 said:

Stand-alone policy.

I have State Farm for home/auto and to add any kind of firearms insurance through them is absolutely insane (like 10x's the amount).

Don't understand that. Mine is very reasonable with 62K insured

2 hours ago, Abody711 said:

With wife's jewelry we have a total of 92k covered for 580 a year or 48.33 a month.

43 minutes ago, pinball-1 said:

Calculated out, that's around double what I pay for my Core Vens policy dollar for dollar.

Same here...approximately double what I'm paying through Eastern Insurance.