Armitage Ltd help please

Jtm35a2

I have bought a M2 carbine registered trigger pack made by armitage ltd. Seller says it is a transferrable. The paper form 3 says it’s an imported dealer sample, my eform account says it’s a post 86 dealer sample. Anyone have information on the timeline for Armitage ltd doing business. It would be nice to rule out the possibility of dealer sample by age. If I am correct, them transferring a post 86 dealer sample to me is illegal, unless the seller is covertly surrendering his sot. Can a 01 even get dealer samples?

What city is marked on the trigger pack and/or shown on the Form 3? Any other markings on the pack? Did they use what looks like a date as the serial number?

There was a Armitage International Ltd. in Seneca, South Carolina until about 1990 according to what I have found online. It looks like the trail goes cold after about 1990. 

Can you post pictures with the serial number blacked out? 

Edited by MontanaRenegade86

17 hours ago, Jtm35a2 said:

Ok, so atf fixed it amazingly fast. I sent an email about 11:00 pm last night. By 9:30 this morning I got a simple, but sweet reply that stated “corrected”. Sure enough, it’s now white in my eform inventory!

Good deal. 

2 minutes ago, AGG said:

Armitage International- 1707 Blue Ridge Boulevard, Seneca, South Carolina, 29672; 1635-A Blue Ridge Boulevard, Seneca, South Carolina, 29678

- incorporation date (05-24-88)

- dissolution date (01-19-00)

Tony

Well that’s a wide enough year range to include  post 86 dealer samples only. Wonder how i ended up with a transferrable ….. 

I’d suggest doing a FOIA request. I’m not sure how it could be a transferable (non dealer sample) if the company started business post 86. 
If that’s the case, it’ll likely be caught down the road. It’s happened to a few people.

Furthermore, the registry has so many errors and to make it more complicated, M1/M2 carbines and all of their registered parts makes it one of the worst with things that could’ve been registered. 

Edited by KickStand

53 minutes ago, KickStand said:

I’d suggest doing a FOIA request. I’m not sure how it could be a transferable (non dealer sample) if the company started business post 86. 
If that’s the case, it’ll likely be caught down the road. It’s happened to a few people.

Furthermore, the registry has so many errors and to make it more complicated, M1/M2 carbines and all of their registered parts makes it one of the worst with things that could’ve been registered. 

You would think that the atf resists making changes from non to transferrable on just my word. Surely she had a reason to do so. 

On 9/24/2023 at 11:04 AM, Jtm35a2 said:

You would think that the atf resists making changes from non to transferrable on just my word. Surely she had a reason to do so. 

What I do know is that the owner of Armitage was pissing off anti-gun "journalists" in August of 1986. 

The nerve of this guy...selling legal gun parts. :D 

image.jpeg

Glenn Davis 2.JPG

8 hours ago, Delta-10 said:

I've got a Valmet M78 7.62x39 made by them. 

Excellent--- I have only seen these conversions:

Armitag (Madill, Oklahoma)

Ciener 

Cromwell

Dillon Precision Products 

Group Industries

Hard Times Armory 

Oumack/Burton/Heddich

Pearl Manufacturing Corp. 

PHX Arms, Inc. 

Qualified Manufacturing

SAS 

Neal Smith 

Is yours an Armitag, or Armitage (easily confused)? 

PM to you.

Tony