Is this a Hammer for HK Sear Pack used with the M249?

Have an odd part that came in with a bunch of other parts. Trying to identify it. It looks like a hammer for an HK sear pack but is extra long …. I am wondering if this is one that is made to be used in the MG Armory M249s that used HK packs?? Can anyone confirm? 

Aaron - Mohnton, Pa

Sales@BeltFeds.Com

z5gQD0P.jpg
rFioZva.jpg
YDH4ZRT.jpg

13 hours ago, Aaron in Mohnton Pa said:

Have an odd part that came in with a bunch of other parts. Trying to identify it. It looks like a hammer for an HK sear pack but is extra long …. I am wondering if this is one that is made to be used in the MG Armory M249s that used HK packs?? Can anyone confirm? 

yes. that was MGAs first gen hammer, They broke a lot due to heat treat. They moved on to a regular hammer and transfer bar to get around the problems.

BTW doesnt look heat treated either.  

• Like 1

The good news is there may be two guns left that aft did not capture and they would need spare hammers.  Might even be some parts usable in an MGA gun since I think there may have been "collusion" between him and MGA from what I recall back in the day at the creek when I was tempted to buy one of these from Eric.  Thank god that didn't happen. Could be a worthwhile goody bag?

8 hours ago, SGT Fish said:

Wasn't he "employed" by MGA for a while?

Or maybe making parts for them. I remember hearing he worked for them or was affiliated with them before "Great Machine" and the raids

On 3/22/2022 at 5:54 PM, johnsonlmg41 said:

That's an Eric Grimes hammer most likely.  It does not look like any of the MGA hammers I have.  They measure 3 5/16, what you have looks slightly longer and the MGA's I have, have both notches.

OMG haven't heard that in a while. I was in part of the mga debacle (after grimes thank god), but have since moved on. Others were burned bad.

yes him and john had an affiliation, they had wilderness firearms or somthing like that. Once Mga stood up I dont think he was around long because of the MG debacle