American 180 suppressors?

DAJTell

I recently bought an American 180 and am currently waiting on paperwork .

Does anyone here know who might have suppressors for one, or could make a suppressed barrel for one? My knowledge of such things is non existent!

Ive owned 3 and currently have one.  Last one I used a full auto rated screw on can.  It got filled with shit quick but I could switch it to my Norell 10/22.  Val told me an integral is best.  I would call E&L and ask if he knows someone who can build it.  You"ll just need a mid sized (16") donor barrel.

Any .223 rated can will work but will be overly heavy and large for the application.  A .22 rimfire can has to be rated for full-auto fire or you will probably damage it if you get a little heavy on the trigger.  In either case, make sure whatever unit you get can be disassembled for cleaning, as an AM180 will fill one up with lead and carbon very quickly.

FWIW, Bowers makes one that is rated for "heavy full auto" that is easy to disassemble and clean called the Icon.  I have the older and heavier version of it, the USS, and like it.

https://bowersgroup.com/icon/

• Thanks 1

If you are talking about an original AM180 can, dont unless you just want it for collection purposes.  They are just screen washers and felt wipes.  If you are talking about a .22 can that will hold up to the am180, I run a Bowers Bitty, Icon or SWR Spectre.  Need to bust them open every 2k and knock the big chunks out.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Dean said:

Ive owned 3 and currently have one.  Last one I used a full auto rated screw on can.  It got filled with shit quick but I could switch it to my Norell 10/22.  Val told me an integral is best.  I would call E&L and ask if he knows someone who can build it.  You"ll just need a mid sized (16") donor barrel.

I did!

He don’t!!

I have owned a 180 for 3 years it has destroyed 4 22lr suppressors.   It fills them littery with lead build up and they basically become a solid brick. You would have to clean it every mag to prevent it. Also I did 3 drum dumps and ti melted the coloring out of the anodizing on 1.   Just have to keep re baffling them.  I'm a 07 sot so not an issue rebaffeling.   Still one of my favorite guns to shoot.  Personally I've used the oilfilter in a pinch...... registered can btw.

JECIII

12 minutes ago, JECIII said:

I have owned a 180 for 3 years it has destroyed 4 22lr suppressors.   It fills them littery with lead build up and they basically become a solid brick. You would have to clean it every mag to prevent it. Also I did 3 drum dumps and ti melted the coloring out of the anodizing on 1.   Just have to keep re baffling them.  I'm a 07 sot so not an issue rebaffeling.   Still one of my favorite guns to shoot.  Personally I've used the oilfilter in a pinch...... registered can btw.

JECIII

Wow, now that’s something to think about!! 

Call Val Cooper at E&L and see if he will make a run of them..  Last time I spoke with him which was a few moons back he wasn’t opposed to it but you’ll have barrels to sacrifice for the project..

On 4/21/2024 at 11:09 AM, JM in La. said:

Call Val Cooper at E&L and see if he will make a run of them..  Last time I spoke with him which was a few moons back he wasn’t opposed to it but you’ll have barrels to sacrifice for the project..

He had no interest when I talked to him earlier. He’s the 1st person I talked to!