Silencer Shop issues

I currently have two suppressors in my safe that were sold through Silencer Shop and I was the chosen Class III dealer to do the transfers.  I worked on the first Form 4 for four days which included some down time for the ATF site, but also a LOT of waiting, re-starting the process. logging out and back in, and general frustration before finally getting it finalized.  When the buyer and I were both logged on for the verification, it said his PIN was not correct, then after 10-15 minutes said it was accepted, then did the same thing with mine.

I have been on the computer for over an hour now trying to compete the second one, and it times out, kicks me off, or anything else but connecting.  I have yet to get into the e-file system and am about ready to give up.   If anybody has and tips or suggestions about how to negotiate their arcane process for completion I welcome them.  

I'm using Chrome, never had issues doing my own e-files.  With Silencer Shop I can't do paper forms, but yesterday I did mail off a Form 4 for a customer.  The ATF website said e-file time was 188 days and paper was 201, so with only 13 days quicker it is of little value to do electronic filing.

I'm also getting jammed up with this.  I did everything through Silencer Shop and thought I was good to go (machine gun I bought through this site's classifieds).  I was impressed that ATF got to it within 180 days, but I was denied due to a clerical error in my trust name that I think Silencer Shop should have caught.  I'm a total NFA noobie and just took their word for it that it was ready to submit.  Now it's supposedly corrected and I cannot get my eForms certified to start the process all over again.  My dealer says to call them every morning to see how it's looking.  I was at the shop today for an hour and every attempt ended with the ATF site reporting a failure.  It's been a week now and I can't even get this process restarted.  I'd be fine redoing it all by paper, but I doubt Silencer Shop will refund my money if I do that.

I successfully got one to certify and it is finished, the other I've spent hours on with no good outcome Today we got to the customer certifying but it never accepted his username and PIN, then kicked us off.  I never could get back on.  I considered doing it myself just through ATF but they already have the $200 tax stamp money and I can't see a way to transfer that to me from SS.

On 2/7/2024 at 9:15 AM, Bill in Bama said:

I currently have two suppressors in my safe that were sold through Silencer Shop and I was the chosen Class III dealer to do the transfers.  I worked on the first Form 4 for four days which included some down time for the ATF site, but also a LOT of waiting, re-starting the process. logging out and back in, and general frustration before finally getting it finalized.  When the buyer and I were both logged on for the verification, it said his PIN was not correct, then after 10-15 minutes said it was accepted, then did the same thing with mine.

I have been on the computer for over an hour now trying to compete the second one, and it times out, kicks me off, or anything else but connecting.  I have yet to get into the e-file system and am about ready to give up.   If anybody has and tips or suggestions about how to negotiate their arcane process for completion I welcome them.  

yesterday it sucked fyi.  Mine did the same even on a gig fibre

19 hours ago, Bill in Bama said:

I'm using Chrome, never had issues doing my own e-files.  With Silencer Shop I can't do paper forms, but yesterday I did mail off a Form 4 for a customer.  The ATF website said e-file time was 188 days and paper was 201, so with only 13 days quicker it is of little value to do electronic filing.

except when those are really lies, 

ive had multiples come back less than 60 days

I have given up.  I have been on the site several times today and get hung up somewhere every time.  When I can pull up the form 4 it is not populated with the buyer's info even thought the ID number is correct.  I told they contact that I was finished with them, he is supposed to refund the buyer's $200 tax stamp payment and I'll do it through my business.  I'll have to get new fingerprint cards done but the customer is ready to get the transfer going.

Welcome to another reason I have no use for Silencer Shop. I lost all use for them over the 41F stunt they pulled. I refuse to buy suppressors from Lipseys now as they are running it all through Silencer Shop. 

Edited by Got Uzi

5 hours ago, Bill in Bama said:

I have given up.  I have been on the site several times today and get hung up somewhere every time.  When I can pull up the form 4 it is not populated with the buyer's info even thought the ID number is correct.  I told they contact that I was finished with them, he is supposed to refund the buyer's $200 tax stamp payment and I'll do it through my business.  I'll have to get new fingerprint cards done but the customer is ready to get the transfer going.

youve posted before, you have slow net, and prob a old computer.

also you will get multiple copies if you break the SS auto fill program.

get a young person to help you, its really easy

11 hours ago, taylorwso said:

youve posted before, you have slow net, and prob a old computer.

also you will get multiple copies if you break the SS auto fill program.

get a young person to help you, its really easy

With all due respect (I am old and computer illiterate) but my ATF e-file forms go through just fine doing them on my own, instead of through SS.  They admited yesterday they have issues and promised to fix them "in a couple of days."  I told them I was out of time (and patience) and they generously offered to let me do it directly, even helping me.  This morning I had a Docu-sign email and I signed the Form 4.  They filed it for me, using the fingerprints they had already done on the customer and his $200 tax stamp paid to them.  So it should show up as "Submitted/In Process" in a day or two, I'll definitely check to be sure.  I got in to the ATF site through SS several times, but got kicked off at various stages in the train stop, and finally when the customer's Form 4 came up it was not populated, waiting didn't help any.  Sure, a bit of the problem might be on me, but they have a serious issue and I'm done with them.  Both customers that came to me through SS have now realized that I can sell them cans at competitive prices and the only downside is having to get paper fingerprint cards and mail them in.

19 minutes ago, Bill in Bama said:

With all due respect (I am old and computer illiterate) but my ATF e-file forms go through just fine doing them on my own, instead of through SS.  They admited yesterday they have issues and promised to fix them "in a couple of days."  I told them I was out of time (and patience) and they generously offered to let me do it directly, even helping me.  This morning I had a Docu-sign email and I signed the Form 4.  They filed it for me, using the fingerprints they had already done on the customer and his $200 tax stamp paid to them.  So it should show up as "Submitted/In Process" in a day or two, I'll definitely check to be sure.  I got in to the ATF site through SS several times, but got kicked off at various stages in the train stop, and finally when the customer's Form 4 came up it was not populated, waiting didn't help any.  Sure, a bit of the problem might be on me, but they have a serious issue and I'm done with them.  Both customers that came to me through SS have now realized that I can sell them cans at competitive prices and the only downside is having to get paper fingerprint cards and mail them in.

im not saying it doesnt suck at times,  but its not that hard.

yes doing it youself takes minutes, but customers like signing the forms in their underwear

also use electronic prints, faster easier and wont get lost in the mail

Edited by taylorwso

Had to wait 10-15 minutes Saturday for SS to let my dealer in. He said the only reason he hasn't gone back to paper forms is that the 3rd party handling CC info for ATF messes up 1/4 the time, and you have to start all over when that happens.

• 3 weeks later...

I did five Form 4 3-files over the weekend, all for the same customer on a trust.  One sailed through with no problems, the other four were headaches.  I'd get to the download of the trust and it would just sit there and twirl (the toilet drain as one of my buddies says) and I'd either give up and refresh to try again or I'd let it go until it timed out.  Eventually I was able to successfully load it and continue.  Once, after getting it to load I saw that three other copies of the trust had also loaded, but it never indicated to me that they were in there until the fourth one loaded.  The system is a pain.  To pull up the draft that is created when you do part of the form takes FOR-EVE=R to pull up, gotta hit "draft" and then "form 4" and then wait awhile longer for the forms in your draft file to load, then select the one you want to edit.  And if you go back, you have to go all the way back to home and start over, can't just go back to the Form 4's in the draft section.

Typical government.