e-Form 3 wait time

Uncle Zeek

Y'know, I've done a couple e-form 1's for SBRs, and the processing time was ~65 days on the first and ~35 days on the second.  I know that my form 4 will take 8-12 months (or maybe more!), but I was under the impression that an e-form 3 would get done quickly.  Like, 2-5 business days quickly.

Just got notified by the selling dealer that he got the form 3 back and shipped my firearms today.   31 days total time.  I'm assuming that the holidays really slow ATF down?

I'm not complaining, just surprised.  Is this kind of wait time for an e-form 3 typical in y'all experience, or is it normally less?

1 hour ago, Uncle Zeek said:

Y'know, I've done a couple e-form 1's for SBRs, and the processing time was ~65 days on the first and ~35 days on the second.  I know that my form 4 will take 8-12 months (or maybe more!), but I was under the impression that an e-form 3 would get done quickly.  Like, 2-5 business days quickly.

Just got notified by the selling dealer that he got the form 3 back and shipped my firearms today.   31 days total time.  I'm assuming that the holidays really slow ATF down?

I'm not complaining, just surprised.  Is this kind of wait time for an e-form 3 typical in y'all experience, or is it normally less?

thats slow, prob because dealers.

most form 3s are a couple days, maybe a week