New Scam WARNING …. BUYERS … DO NOT POST YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS OR PHONE NUMBERS

Buyers DO NOT post your email address in any WTS or WTB ad 
If you post your email address or Phone number …. You are MAKING IT EASY for a scammer to contact you and …. SCAM YOU !

the scammer sees your “ I want it “ post ….. he then searches for your past posts …. He finds the one post where you posted your email address ( or phone number ) ….. 

then the scammer creates a new Fake Email that mimics the real sellers name ….. you think its legit …. Or texts you …. And makes contact …

scammer has you send funds to another email he uses for his scams ….. you send funds  …. then scammer stops all contact .

If you have posted your email or phone number in any WTS or WTB ad ….. best to find your old post and edit out your Contact Info   ….. 

Be Safe …. Use Sturm’s members only PM messaging feature  ….. by clicking on the posters user name ... see the message button ... click on that to send a private message directly to the poster ... type message ... then send 

Buyers ….. it may be BEST NOT to reply to a sale ad ….  NO….. “ I’ll take it “ …..

doing this starts a scammer to look for a past post of yours that has either your email address or phone number in it ….. allowing contact .

From Aaron in Mohnton PA …. This is how this happens: Scammers from outside the United States and within the United States watch this forum every single day of the week. They are specifically looking for posts where a potential buyer replies and says "I'll take it" .... They will then click on the perspective buyers' profile and search his old posts to see if they can locate a post where they put their email or phone number down.... The scammer will then email or text the potential buyer posing as the seller to get them to send money..... Often, they will create email accounts that resemble the actual seller (using their name for example)...... These people are the bottom feeders of the world, and they are on every forum stealing people's money.

• Buddy H featured this topic

CB76

• CB76
  • Seaman
  • Seaman_Insignia.gif.01e16724b76d674ac816
  • Amelia, VA

Be careful when posting your email address guys.  Scammers look for this so they can contact you posing as the original seller.  It’s more safe to post a reply and attach your contact info in a PM.  I was recently the victim of ach check fraud and didn’t notice until 40k was drained from my checking acct.   thankfully the bank covered me on it.    Just be careful everywhere now days.  These dirtbags will do anything to steal a dollar

So, it was not one of the scammers that we deal with, but I read in my local paper they got one His name was Patel something, the fish got a call saying they were going to take him to jail unless he paid whatever, so he did than a week later same thing but this time the older guy calls cops. He was supposed to meet this guy in person to give him money. So, he shows up the cops get bad guy. come to find out this operation is run from overseas and the guy getting money takes the fall. hope he enjoys prison.

• Buddy H changed the title to New Scam WARNING …. BUYERS … DO NOT POST YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS OR PHONE NUMBERS
  • 2 months later...