Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mstrmstr

Where are the transferables??

11 posts in this topic

I noticed a severe lack of machineguns for sale.

Where are they? 

In people's safes...

Be patient...more of the oldsters will die. Eventually. Nobody gets out alive...remember that.

22 hours ago, mstrmstr said:

I noticed a severe lack of machineguns for sale.

Where are they? 

I'm not sure if you are joking, but there is hundreds currently listed. What is lacking? Other then really rare off the wall shit I'd bet there is at least one of everything, 5 of the more common items, and even 20+ in the mac category. Where are you looking that you think there isn't any listed? 

I saw more activity (and goodies that I never knew existed on the registry) happen in the two months before 41f went into effect than I have in a long time.

Many people (including myself) made a purchase or two to shore up what they may have been lacking in their collection, and others sold into that demand.

Now I feel we're just back to usual, maybe just a bit slower. It was a very exciting time, though.

On 9/26/2016 at 6:46 PM, damcv62 said:

I'm not sure if you are joking, but there is hundreds currently listed. What is lacking? Other then really rare off the wall shit I'd bet there is at least one of everything, 5 of the more common items, and even 20+ in the mac category. Where are you looking that you think there isn't any listed? 

No joke..A4's, M60's, Jap 96 and 99, Lewis guns, 1917A1. MP40 .even Maxims and Vickers are few.  Never mind the trouble finding a documented WAT. 

The commons are out there if you look but If your a collector/shooter you have a long haul..  Just sayin.

Political timing may play a part for some C3 sales.

YES, we "oldsters" are going to die, but many like myself , got tired of all the greed and shenanigans and just gave them all away to deserving "youngsters" and they will never see the market. hell i just paid $25k for a 30/06 colt Vickers and gave it away.  TRY TO SELL SOMETHING? and the picture collectors will make you want to play the CRIS WALKEN game with a revolver  MOW!     i still post one now and again for a few laughs         MSTRMSTR, i have some C+R'S and some beltfeds that are not spoken for if your serious drop me a private  email   cheers mike

1 person likes this

I only accept postal money orders. contact me DIRECTLY before sending any funds                                           email  myoldiron@outlook.com        

It's become a market more for investors and not shooters it seems.  I bought my guns to shoot and collect due to the history but it seems like more and more people are more interested in a quick buck.  Prices right now are stupid anyhow.  When an Uzi is nearly the same money as a WH "28 Thompson there is something in the water lol

As for us "oldsters", we have heirs!

Good supply of pre-samples - prices are what transferables were when I got into NFA. Agree that there isn't a lot of collectible, transferable guns available, and when they do go up for sale they are pricey and don't last long. With the economy what it is, it would seem there would be more sellers.

Prices for the not so desirable transferable guns are higher than I thought I would see in my lifetime. Never expected a PS MAC-10 to be approaching $8K! If you like Stens, Reisings, West Hurley Thompsons - they are out there but no one is giving them away. I never bought one that was something I wanted to keep in the first place, so I'm not crying about that.

Use to see multiple transferable, original Colt M-16's, AR-18's, M-60's, M-14's , AC556F's, S&W 76's, Madsen M-50, (nice) WWII MP40 and Thompsons, and quality conversions of Galil, G3, HK33 (and other variants), AR-70, UZI, Swed K, MP-5, Sterling, FNC, and even AK-47 and Krinkovs.

My opinion: More collectors willing to pay big money seem to be getting into collecting. Prices will keep going up and availability will continue to be an issue; again just my option based on what I have observed over the long haul. Supply/Demand/Price; nothing new!

$32K to $38K for a register HK sear? Now that is crazy!

Seen what M3 Grease Guns have been doing lately??  There would have been no way for me to have afforded one except I was super lucky when I got mine.

I see all sorts of toys available, but not as many as like 3 years ago.

These machine gun prices are offending me.