v8killer

Transfer question

6 posts in this topic

If I am a new FFL/SOT Type7/Class2 and I am purchasing a MG from an in state individual and is already on a form4. What form do I use to move it into my inventory? Form 3 or Form 4?

Thanks in advance.

Form 4 (with $200 transfer fee).

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, v8killer said:

If I am a new FFL/SOT Type7/Class2 and I am purchasing a MG from an in state individual and is already on a form4. What form do I use to move it into my inventory? Form 3 or Form 4?

Thanks in advance.

Fill out page 1 and include your FFL/SOT in box 5/6, get the seller's signature in box 9, don't fill out anything on page 2 but do sign page 3 at the top, don't send a copy to the local CLEO, and don't include pics or prints. Send 2 copies with your $200 check and expect it back in 4-6 weeks.

Edited by b_san

22 hours ago, b_san said:

Fill out page 1 and include your FFL/SOT in box 5/6, get the seller's signature in box 9, don't fill out anything on page 2 but do sign page 3 at the top, don't send a copy to the local CLEO, and don't include pics or prints. Send 2 copies with your $200 check and expect it back in 4-6 weeks.

Strangely, I don't think the signature on pg. 3 is even required as I have an approved example without it...

1 person likes this

-- Matt

2 hours ago, mattnh said:

Strangely, I don't think the signature on pg. 3 is even required as I have an approved example without it...

It's technically not and I never used to but I had one sent back on the new form without it asking for me to fix.  The wording on the newest form makes it sound like it's required regardless so I just sign it now to avoid corrections.

Remember that Form 3 is between SOT to SOT.. hence you would be doing a Form 4.