Responsible Person Filing Requirements - Question

Austringer

I currently use a trust as my preferred vehicle for acquiring and building NFA items for my own collection.  The reasons went with the trust route was the Chief of Police in my town would defer to the Dekalb County Sheriff for any CLEO stuff and that asshat would not sign for political reasons and to protect my wife from potential prosecution for possession/control of NFA item not registered to her.   Most of my stuff is large and will not fit in a safe so it is either kept in the garage (mostly towed items) or in the finished basement when it will not fit in the safe.  My wife has access to all parts of the house and if I was out of the house and away, she would technically be in possession/control and have unrestricted access to them, a technical no no, but she or I could claim we were extremely careless and had no intent and be able to avoid prosecution that way.

My question is as follows:

The only time the background check and fingerprints would need to be submitted to the ATF for the responsible persons would be at the time of the submittal of the Form 1/4/etc and the responsible persons would only be those listed as such at the time of the submittal?  It is my understanding that this is correct and there is no filing requirement if, for example, a new responsible person brought into the trust day following the submittal, since the new responsible person was not a responsible person at the time of the filing?

Just trying to get my brain wrapped around this.

Some privileges automatically apply to spouses and potentially domestic partners so you should be OK with your current situation.  Agents visiting have never expressed any concern over tripod mounted beltfeds out in the open even with children present. 

As I understand the rule in  reading it you are correct in that persons added after the fact would not need to be added (since there is no mechanism in place for that), however once two years goes by and you do another transfer a current list of responsible persons would be updated at that point and that would effectively grandfather them into anything else the entity owns.   Course in the meantime any burden of background checking Is your responsibility.