Price check?

Been out of the game for about 20years and I have too much stuff but it’s cool. I still have 3 for $70 sten kits and wth on sten and G3 mags!!! Anyway I’m going to sell or trade most of it off enjoy what I keep and piss away the $ because 1 out 4 kids have become or married non republican fools. Where can I say, “I have  xxx and I need a reasonable price.”? I’m an ffl07-sot so I know I need to get a paying membership…not an issue.

I just recall from other boards back in the days of $800 macs those types of posts where view negatively in most forums…yes I’ve checked some other boards and auction prices but see prices vary by 50-70%

Im trying to avoid posting pics, or being very specific to keep from this being a subtle ad. Right now I’m just looking for sources that I can use to price items so far I’m basically stuck with machine gun prices.com. Any other sources you guys are aware of?

thanks

2 hours ago, gunslingerdoc said:

Thanks guys. Was gunna try gb but their new rules and having to use their version of PayPal just kind of rubbed me the wrong way 

I regularly list on GB, have never been subjected to using any type of GB Payments. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gunslingerdoc said:

Thanks guys. Was gunna try gb but their new rules and having to use their version of PayPal just kind of rubbed me the wrong way 

You can check under the "completed listings" section for what items sold for. This will give you a good reference point for values. You don't have to list your stuff there just to check for value.
It would be more beneficial to you to just list your stuff on the appropriate "WTS" board here after you find prices rather than list on GB. Much easier and less of a hassle.

Lots of exposure comes with lots of $$ lost in fees as well.
Maybe it will balance out in the end, maybe not.

I'm of the opinion that if you have an item and price it reasonably, it will sell itself.
If you need to maximize your exposure and give your item the "white glove, grey blanket" treatment, then you're asking too much.

• 2 weeks later...

Gb is a PIta to sign up with as a dealer. With today’s tech, it should never take more than 10 minutes to upload your FFL and Sot, bank info, and get verified and fax. It really takes less time than that on several other online auction sites that I routinely buy from. another thing they want to run the entire transaction through them. I’ve been doing this for years. I’ve got some really cool guns, jewelry, coins mule, and a hunt. all of which is basically impossible now. I think it’s great they want to have their own finance system. But it shouldn’t be mandatory.

You can end-run GB's garbage fees by posting a picture with your letterhead or business card etc. along with all the gun pix. People will contact you directly to ask what you really will sell it for.  Be prepared to offer them a significant reduction.  That's how I got my Lanchester for $1K less than the seller's asking price on GB, basically he sold it for what he would have gotten at his ask minus their fees.

• 3 weeks later...

GB has been very good to me. No real problems, lots of sales, (in excess of 1200). Their sales fees these days are right at 5%. As I primarily sell consignments, it works well for what I do. In the end, businesses are there to make money. There is always the 1 or 2% of your customers that will never be happy no matter what you do.

On 4/2/2024 at 5:37 PM, ShootnDull said:

It will take you less time to setup a paypal account and upgrade your membership here.

Be careful using PayPal for "gun-related" anything. I was banished for life from PP for such an evil deed, and they kept $400.00 that was in my account. I protested and they said "read our agreement" Which states any violation of their policy results in such action.  

None of my transactions said anything about guns, I was told that they regularly scan gun-selling sites for the word PayPal.  

• Sad 1