New range show form 4's?

Dean

I would not volunteer to show them anything. I have cooperated with that kind of invasion of privacy and over stepping in the past, but also asked why, since it is not a legal requirement. It is BS and I have pointed out that most customers drove onto their property in a car. Do they inspect the vehicle registration/insurance documents and driver licenses of every customer? Why not, it amounts to the same thing.

• Like 1

Convicted felons and domestic abusers practice at ranges all the time, no one seems to ask them for a recent NCIC print out or runs a BC on them before entry? 

I was a guest at a range once that I wanted to join.  Soon after we started shooting a guy shows up and tells us, yes you can shoot FA here, but the range will need COPIES of your forms for a file in the range house to make sure you are legal?  I promptly packed up and left, to never return.   They have their rules, I have mine and we could not co-exist and parted ways politely.  Before I left I made sure to make clear the liability they have for maintaining files of MG owners secured by a $3 padlock.  Often people ask for a lot, but can't conceive of the liability burden they assume when they get what they ask for.....which assumes they even know what they are looking at? 

• Like 2

Don't volunteer anything. Only show them if they ask and if you are comfortable with doing so as it's not a legal requirement. 
They are a private business, and as such they can make any rules they want. That doesn't mean you have to comply with them. But you have to choose whether or not complying is the price you are ok with paying to shoot there. Because as it is their business, they can refuse you service if you choose not to comply.

• Like 1