Fun one.. What's wrong with this picture (belt)?

Ryo

So I was loading some belts with 7.62. As I was loading I was thinking something is strange.. But I couldn't put my finger on it until I tried loading my HK drum. I'm still scratching my head how someone could screw this up! Now I have to fix it. 

Can you spot the issue? O.o:D

20230829_201833.jpg

Edited by Ryo

You got it.. It is on the wrong side. I'm thinking it was part of a long belt and the person cut it into sections and added a starter tab. Not sure what the value of doing that is. 

I suppose another idea is they used it for a 1919a and load the rounds in reverse.. 

Hmm. Strange.. They even couldn't count when they cut the belt.. 100rd belts had 97 available slots and 50rd belts had 53 available slots. Note that this is on multi belts. Still very confused why someone would even take the time to do this. Easy fix though. 

This has to be intentional... Even the starter tabs are backwards! 

Found a baggy of cut and loose belt links.. They even painted the starter tab likely to make it apparent it was backwards.  Wow.. 

Anyone know what this may have been used for? 

20230829_234023.jpg

8 hours ago, Ryo said:

This has to be intentional... Even the starter tabs are backwards! 

Found a baggy of cut and loose belt links.. They even painted the starter tab likely to make it apparent it was backwards.  Wow.. 

Anyone know what this may have been used for? 

20230829_234023.jpg

Yeah they go in a 21 and those are my old tabs you bought.

you need more??

Edited by taylorwso

10 hours ago, Ryo said:

Hmm. Strange.. They even couldn't count when they cut the belt.. 100rd belts had 97 available slots and 50rd belts had 53 available slots. Note that this is on multi belts. Still very confused why someone would even take the time to do this. Easy fix though. 

that's because the 21 will sometimes smash the last link.  The belts are close, but they get added to or removed all the time as they were range belts.

I take it you dont have a 21

Nope, no 21 but I would love to have one. 

It was easy to change them back to use on my MG42/59. Now I understand why the last one was cut if they get crushed. 

The light grey links are really nice. I was going to look up the logo on them. S and H or something like that on them.