Hard copy Form 4 from an individual to a dealer question

deputydawg223

I have not submitted a form 4 for a long time and have what has to be a simple question.

When submitting the hard copy Form 4 to BATFE do they want you to print the document on both sides of the paper (2 pages for a single piece of paper) or do they want a single page of paper for each individual page on the form? And do they want the three pages stapled together or loose?

Thanks in advance for any and all input.

9 minutes ago, har1690 said:

Just the front side of the Form 4. 

Front side only providing he's a dealer buying or selling. But if it's going out to a private party then ATF will accept all the pages either way. As each page as a separate page or both side printing.

@deputydawg223

If selling to a dealer, that STO holder usually handles the paperwork but they’ll still need your signatures. 

for selling direct to a private party:

yes, you should print on both sides of the paper (called duplex printing) but please remember that you need to submit the document in duplicate to the ATF.  Also, make sure that you’re using the most current revision of the “Form 4” which is ATF Form 5320.4 Revised November 2022.

On that form you’ll print one copy for the ATF (pages 1-3), plus one copy that’s a “return to registrant” (pages 8-10)  both of these copies go to the Feds  

Then you need one (slightly redacted) copy to the CLEO (pages 11-13).

Edited by Navgunner

On 8/1/2023 at 3:52 PM, Navgunner said:

@deputydawg223

If selling to a dealer, that STO holder usually handles the paperwork but they’ll still need your signatures ..............

On that form you’ll print one copy for the ATF (pages 1-3), plus one copy that’s a “return to registrant” (pages 8-10)  both of these copies go to the Feds  

Then you need one (slightly redacted) copy to the CLEO (11-13).

"Then you need one (slightly redacted) copy to the CLEO (11-13)"

This seems appropriate, but how/what particular information would you suggest be redacted?  And to what does "11-13" refer?  (I'm admittedly not very familiar with Form 4's so pardon my ignorance.) 

8 hours ago, MP5 said:

"Then you need one (slightly redacted) copy to the CLEO (11-13)"

This seems appropriate, but how/what particular information would you suggest be redacted?  And to what does "11-13" refer?  (I'm admittedly not very familiar with Form 4's so pardon my ignorance.) 

The form4 accounts for the redacted information where on the CLEO's copy it removes the Firearm's Serial Number, your Social Security Number, and Your Picture.  Remember, if you choose to file as a Trust, then you'll need to add a Responsible Persons form too (ATF Form 5320.23 Revised January 2023) but this form also removes that same information (firearm's s/n, SSN, Picture) from going to the CLEO.

11-13 refers to page numbers.

Edited by Navgunner