scammed on GB

welp this is the second time i have been scammed but this time it was by a supposed upstanding member with great feedback. purchased a supposed mg15 80% receiver from SCAMG34 on gunbroker. we did the deal outside of gb because i have done business with him before with no issues. He was asking 800 for the reciever. we spoke on the phone and sent him a money order just like the last time with no issue. The item that was in the pics and description was what he sent me. so there was no reason to think he would screw me this time.

So i send money order and then receive it in. as soon as i open the box it is clearly a different one. i contacted him on the phone, he immediately got defensive and indignant with me. after arguing with him for 30 minutes he finally decides to look at the pictures and video of what he sent me compared to his GB ad. they are obviously different. he then apologizes to me. he says that he got screwed over and didnt realize it and mailed it to me with out looking. when we spoke on the phone the first time i asked if it was the one pictured and he said it was. he admitted it wasnt the same thing. I told him can buy the dummy receiver he sent me from RTT specialities for 500 not the 800 he charged me. so i said just send me the $300 difference and will be straight.  He says he has already spent the money on bills and cant pay me. I said ok just send me a barrel bushing kit that i need and we will be good. He said let me see if i can get this figured out with the manufacturer first. next day he emails me telling me that im trying to fuck him over and that im the scam artist and liar. i have around 50-75 texts messages between me and him and emails where he admits he sent me something different twice. and then all of a sudden he changes his tune and has blocked me and wont reply back to me. Does this not sound like theft by conversion. pretty sure it is and im petty enough to file charges against him in NY. i have family that lives close that could take all the evidence to the police department. am i wrong for wanting my $300 back. And just incase he is on here and wants to argue the facts i will put all of our text and email on here for everyone to see. 

2 minutes ago, Don. said:

Sounds like a junkbroker problem, except you both broke their rule regarding outside deals.  Looks like you paid $300.00 in stupid tax.  You’re SOL.

Oh yeah you are right 100%. But in this industry you build relationships with people. Talked with the guy on the phone twice for a long time. Done previous deals with him.  Do we all on here not build relationships with other dealers and build trust? Getting screwed by someone you have done business with in the past is worse than getting screwed by a stranger.

On 7/6/2023 at 10:39 AM, Radar1972 said:

Oh yeah you are right 100%. But in this industry you build relationships with people. Talked with the guy on the phone twice for a long time. Done previous deals with him.  Do we all on here not build relationships with other dealers and build trust? Getting screwed by someone you have done business with in the past is worse than getting screwed by a stranger.

Maybe you should build a relationship with Dana Reed.  He’s no stranger to the industry and he can probably use a friend.  I’ve paid stupid tax before and it sucks.  I’ve also quit dealing on junkbroker because it, too, sucks.  You took a risk and lost.  Now you know to not deal outside of the bounds on junkbroker AND not to trust anyone with a username that begins with SCAM…at least I hope you do.

Good day, sir!

• Like 1