H&K Sear Question "Is it Married or Divorced"

Bwanalewis

I have a client that is wanting to sell an H&K Sear.  We are trying to determine if this sear is  "married to the gun?"  It says that it is installed in the H&K 33, but no modifications made to the receiver.  Thanks is advance for the help... 

Side note the Sear serial number and the H&K33 serial numbers are different.

Chad

H&K Sear.jpg

1. "Married" sear is not a legal term, thus it should not be used in any description.

2. Of all the times this comes up, it comes down to the serial number is in G, Since yours has its own serial number it can be swapped.

3. The 4h remarks just muddy the waters.

4. AFA "divorcing-again not a legal term for firearms", you can only remove a sear if the firearm can go back to a title 1 config, or turn it into a sbr before removing the sear.  Yours can go back to a rifle if it has the denial shelf or cannot take a f/a trigger pack

Edited by taylorwso

Your client's Fleming HK sear is not married to the host

Your client can sell just the sear without issue

Selling the sear does not leave an orphan unregistered SBR

Leave box 4H blank on the transfer out Form 4

Done.

Edited by hkg3k
  • Like 1

Thanks for everyones help advice.  I apologize for using incorrect terminology in describing our situation.  I am glad the responders were able to see through my ignorance and provide what I believe to be accurate information.  Hope everyone has a safe weekend.  

Lewis Arms

1 hour ago, hkg3k said:

Selling the sear does not leave an orphan unregistered SBR

It could leave a MG if it has the 2 holes and no shelf, that would have to be dealt with. No idea on his config.

I know guys that have cut up the receiver to get the sear to other guns

I have one of the few Fleming M16 sears. This required drilling the third hole to install, thus creating a "2nd machinegun" if "divorced". The sear is permanently married to the receiver, and this is documented in Box 4h on the F4. 

5 hours ago, taylorwso said:

It could leave a MG if it has the 2 holes and no shelf, that would have to be dealt with. No idea on his config.

I know guys that have cut up the receiver to get the sear to other guns

The form tells the story.  As stated in box 4H, this registered Fleming sear was installed in an unaltered receiver 93 (remarked as a 33 by Vollmer).  This Form 4 looks pretty much like every registered HK sear Form 4 where the sear was installed in a host and sold as a complete firearm by Vollmer, Fleming, S&H, etc in the late 80's / early 90's.  A very common situation

What you're referring to is something I've only heard about (in almost 40 years in this game) as rumored and not confirmed...notwithstanding a 0.0001%'er situation and not what's represented here.

5 hours ago, Bwanalewis said:

However, they did note that there was no receiver modifications on the form 4.

Yep...

1 hour ago, MGTedFL said:

I have one of the few Fleming M16 sears. This required drilling the third hole to install, thus creating a "2nd machinegun" if "divorced". The sear is permanently married to the receiver, and this is documented in Box 4h on the F4. 

Comparing an M16 registered "GI sear" installed in a receiver is really apples to oranges to this situation IMO.

Don't disagree that is was not directly on point. I was just pointing out that there are many flavors of conversions...as the mad rush to beat-out May 19, 1986 HR4332 approached..... FWIW, Ted

• Like 1