Wtb MGA m249 semi

JECIII

21 hours ago, JECIII said:

Looking for one of the mga semi 249's that take a hk trigger pack

Let me know if you k ow where one is

I would not buy a mga design. They are out of business and if the transfer bar breaks, you're dead in the water.  They also do not work on f/a too much bolt bounce (some might but I've met a lot of people with dead guns and no way to fix them). 

I spent 2 years trying to get mine working, between all the broken parts and the shenanigans with the company it was a terrible.

If you get one you might reach out to infantry defense systems, they will not return any of my calls but they have the MGA old parts

I ripped all the MGA stuff out of mine and replaced with FN semi parts, gun works fine.

https://www.infantrydefense.com/pages/operating-parts

Edited by taylorwso

And also remember that an "HK trigger pack" is only for HK weapons, as per the A T F. They don't care that it is a registered MG, and they most likely monitor all Forums looking for folks that post up inquiries like this. If you would have left the HK part out, "nothing to see here".

Nobody wants to be on their radar. It is a stupid rule, especially when we can put a silencer on anything it will fit. The rule makes no sense.

@ talyorwso.  

Tha ks for the insight yes know parts are issue now.  But have full service machineshop so nonproblem making some spares.  The gunenvy guy that made copies of mga was here in ohio and I got most of his specs on parts after the atf nabbed him and before he flead after his conviction.

The gun envy guns were an exact ripoff. Copy of mga.  Don't buy a gun envy gun as they are on atf radar as they were manufactured improperly under the atf eyes.   They guy didn't have a liscense a d stamped gun envy info on them.  

Interesting court case read if you get the chance.  Eric grimes was his name.

I had an exploded 20mm brake he was to repair for me that I imagine is sitting on an ATF agents desk as a paper weight now as it got pulled into his confiscation items. I wondered what happened to Grimes,can you fill me in or point me in a direction to his story?

Jeff m60dg@aol.com

14 hours ago, JECIII said:

Yeah he was convicted and fled before sentencing.  Haven't heard about him in years.   Lots of people got burned by him

I'm local to MGA and I have met pretty much most of the workers. Apparently Eric was in cahoots with John (CEO) with the design to start up.  MGA got hit with lawsuits from FN, some still pending on some of the employees.

Design was crap and they farmed out the K model design and 300BO designs to a guy in TX. I have talked to him when I had problems and confirmed all the BS with MGA and the bolt bounce problems. He converted his guns to the fn style to get them to run.

John spent all the profits on allegedly video games/ STEAM stuff. Ran off with some parts and went to AZ then I think WA. I actually bought a topcover (unknowingly) from him on GB. When he replied form a old email I knew it was him.

There are lawsuits and management changes when they tried to sell off stuff, Their 30yo COO dies under suspect conditions.

Total cluster. Since all that happened I have met people that worked with them or somehow involved. I had one guy that will not say a thing about the situation and a couple other talk about the shady stuff that was going on, including the customers from a certain company.

Supposedly IDS bought all the stuff but I cannot contact them, but I know a couple guys that have worked out at his range/shop and he tried to pay with mga guns.

The more I learn the more amazing it is. I have contacted about 20 people to get all this info, little nuggets here and there.

If your doing a post sample anyway, just change the trigger bar location and open up the oprod/bolt slide to fit the semi carrier. Way easier than the HK kits.  I know a couple SOTs in AZ and NV that ran the mga modded guns, they never worked and they converted about 20 of them to the FN style open bolt setup. One Ariel shooting SOT is still owed a tens of thousands for broken mga parts/guns.

If you do go with th hk design. The only way I got it to work was using their old style semi slide which had a pocket milled to make it lighter. I fit a piece of tungsten in there with rubber buffers. Bolted a cover over it and it would run. BUT I broke so many parts so fast I had to ditch the idea.

Edited by taylorwso

The reality is they don't work and never did due to bad engineering.  I bought one on the cheap and stuck a bunch of time and parts into it and got it to work reliably. 
When I first got it I think within the first three rounds it broke the ejector, which is really my fault since it was firing only one round at a time and I had to jack with it, then fire the second, then by the 3rd it came unglued with the broken ejector.   Forcing stuff to work... or break is never a good strategy!

I did look at Eric's at the creek and was set on buying one, but when I started asking detailed questions he got pretty sketchy so I took a wait and see on that one.  I have his card from Great Machine somewhere?  That was before I knew anything about MGA.  

Personally I'd stay away and would never have bought it if I was told they didn't work, but once I had it I was pretty determined that it not be a paperweight and didn't feel like passing it off.  Best of luck if you do find one!

Interesting wonder if it is possible to get a fn to work of a hk pack.  Yeah that Eric guy was a Clown.  Only guy worse was that Jason guy that owned vector for a while and then kidnapped his wife etc and lost it all......  now no.uzi parts

2 hours ago, JECIII said:

Interesting wonder if it is possible to get a fn to work of a hk pack.  Yeah that Eric guy was a Clown.  Only guy worse was that Jason guy that owned vector for a while and then kidnapped his wife etc and lost it all......  now no.uzi parts

You have to have the long hammer or transfer bar to get the gun to fire since the FP is so high. The HK long hammer guns can work but unless you get the metal correct and heat treat, they break easily. You just cant swing a small piece steel that hard and not have tremendous stress. If you do it for anytime and the hammer holds, the trigger box will deform.  Its just too much for the HK trigger boxes.

They had a bunch of parts made with s7 to take a beating but their heat treats were always off.  I was there when I brought back a broken piece of their slide and the Rockwell was +-10 on the ones they pulled out of the stock. They were supposed to have a new full auto design-never developed.

The transfer bar is a great way to get around the long hammer, but it has to be made light to prevent a run away gun. IF you can get a heavy transfer bar setup with a spring to prevent f/a, but use a normal HK trigger box,  it "might" work. 

just a highlights of the breakages, not all of them.

[imgspacer.png[/img]

[img]spacer.png[/img]

[img]spacer.png[/img]

[img]spacer.png[/img]

[img]spacer.png[/img]

[img]spacer.png[/img]

Edited by taylorwso