No Sharing?

I have seen a few YouTube videos on the FAQ section on the NFA page where the ATF has decided  to say NO on the question if your the owner of a NFA item can you let some one shoot it under your direct control. The ATF's answer is NO... No. Only Responsible Person(s) listed on the approved registration may have physical or constructive possession of the NFA item. This is some BS.  It doesn't say that in the NFA hand book but I will look in it again. Is this a thing that will stand or will they correct themselves. I should be able to let who ever I want to shoot them shoot them. 

Lol if any of y’all are afraid of getting in trouble because of this rule I’ll buy your collections for Pennies on the dollar!! Lmfaoooo while I’m trolling here I bet more then one member on this form will be abiding by this rule lmfaoooo. 

It is there, I found it after logging in to this link within their efforms portal https://eforms.atf.gov/login;referrer=%2Fhome 

1. Click on the FAQ tab at the top left after logging in.

it is about 3/4s down the list:

"Q. If I am the registered owner of a NFA item, can someone else shoot my item in my presence?

No. Only Responsible Person(s) listed on the approved registration may have physical or constructive possession of the NFA item."

Interestingly the majority of the FAQs have citations to the United States Code or the Code of Federal Regulations for support of the answer like the below example:

"Q. Does the possessor of an NFA firearm have to show proof of registration?

Yes. The approved application received from ATF serves as evidence of registration of the NFA firearm. This document must be made available upon request of any ATF officer. It is suggested that a photocopy of the approved application be carried by the possessor when the weapon is being transported.

[26 U.S.C. 5841(e); 27 CFR 479.101]"

My guess is it was a mistake by a clerk that is not supported by the lawand will/should be changed otherwise it will create major difficulties for many especially in the machine gun rental/Movie prop world.

I said the same thing for demos and it also puts it into a difficult situation as you can’t allow conjugal visits with someone’s new NFA item as they won’t be on the approved list until it transfers to them. 

I have a feeling someone screwed up when they were entering information but if not, then they really screwed the pooch here.