Suppressed Sterling? Can't believe that wasn't done already.

Mistergreen

The Sterling wasn’t around in the 40’s so there is that…also you have to look at technology changes. When the Serling was being used, suppressors were still, for the most part, wipe style. Suppressor technology has come a LONG way since then, but the use of an open bolt SubGun has been left behind. 

It’s a great idea, and I’m sure they will sell a fair amount to Sterling owners whose only option for a suppressed Sterling was the MK5, but back in the days of the open bolt SMG, the suppressor was still adopting to what it could become. 

Back in the day when Scott Andrey was producing nice stuff, I had him make me a custom Sterling barrel that was longer than normal and threaded on the end.  To install it I had to open up the exit hole in the front of the Sterling just a wee bit and now It's just a matter of screwing on my suppressor whenever I feel the need for a quiet Sterling.

Even at today's prices, I don't think a run of extended barrels would be that expensive if someone were to make them.