New Scammer Tactic here on the boards...Scammer: August Hill / Mitzarmsammo@gmail.com

New tactic that a scammer tried to get me on today...... They are going on the parts board and targeting listings that people reply to... I replied to one of @Skycrest Armory LLC's posts to buy some trigger groups.... The scammer then spoofed his email address (they use a different email but set it up in google to show as "Skycrest Armory LLC" .... They then try to collect payment from me.... Had I not already submitted payment for this, I very likely would have unknowingly submitted payment to the scammer... 

Screenshot below..... Stay on your toes boys, these foreign scammers will NEVER stop trying to steal our money..

Aaron - Mohnton, PA

SCAMMER INFO:

August Hill

Email: mitzarmsammo@gmail.com

DYOjVWZ.jpg

tjs0Xsw.jpg

Edited by Aaron in Mohnton Pa
  • Like 1

Thank you for posting this, Aaron. This tactic has been running rampant here over the last few weeks. I know several people that ALMOST fell for it. This goes way beyond Skycrest ads, I have received several requests for payment with other regular poster's names displayed as the email regarding items I inquired about. Stay diligent! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2022 at 10:50 AM, Aaron in Mohnton Pa said:

New tactic that a scammer tried to get me on today...... They are going on the parts board and targeting listings that people reply to... I replied to one of @Skycrest Armory LLC's posts to buy some trigger groups.... The scammer then spoofed his email address (they use a different email but set it up in google to show as "Skycrest Armory LLC" .... They then try to collect payment from me.... Had I not already submitted payment for this, I very likely would have unknowingly submitted payment to the scammer... 

Screenshot below..... Stay on your toes boys, these foreign scammers will NEVER stop trying to steal our money..

Aaron - Mohnton, PA

SCAMMER INFO:

August Hill

Email: mitzarmsammo@gmail.com

DYOjVWZ.jpg

tjs0Xsw.jpg

Man, It's everywhere these days.  I've almost quit Armslist and even Gunbroker is getting weird.

Edited by Whitetail Trading Co.
Spelling