Thompson 1921 or 1928

chappy

Looking to purchase a Thompson as a shooter not for simply collecting. I made a mistake by purchasing a WH that was not ready for prime time. I don't care which maker, I just want and need one that will go bang every time. Thank you!

Edited by chappy
Incorrect spelling

Hello, 

I have a shooter grade Colt Thompson. Low 3-digit, #238. Things that are Colt: The receiver, the matching numbered trigger frame with original internals and the forward vertical grip. The butt stock, upper internals and rear grip are military. The barrel I'm not sure of, it has the index line, but the fins  are questionable for a Colt. It also has a ring on the inside, not visible externally, and does not effect accuracy. It had a coating finish of some kind applied at some point in it's 100 year old life. It has an interesting history as it was originally purchased in 1921 by Guaranteed Trust Bank in New York, bank owned by Thomas Fortune Ryan. He was the wealthy gentleman who bank rolled General John Thompson in developing the Tommy gun. It is not a thing of beauty, bot never misses a beat and the action is smooth as silk, as most Colt's are. Asking $37,500. With 28 WWII guns bringing near $30k, a little more will get you a low 3-digit Colt with interesting history. I have displayed this Colt at the TCA and the TATA events in past years. If interested I can take some pics for you. Thanks