WTB: SWD Mac M11/9

Gun Hobby

New member here and finally ready to dive into the first purchase of an MG after spending some time in the NFA world with suppressors.

Looking to buy a non-sten conversion, full auto mac-11/9. Would prefer to buy from a dealer but would also consider purchasing from an individual.

For individuals: my overcompensated (lol) contracts attorney will draft a purchase agreement. I'd want to see whatever you have in-person (high-end gun range meetup preferred) before I cut a check, so preferably within an 8 hour drive/flight from Nashville, TN.

Lage uppers/modifications and refinished macs are more than welcome. Would prefer a firearm in excellent condition.

Edited by Gun Hobby

dang man. you are paying a lawyer for a purchase contract and flights ...for a mac purchase? otay den.

that's hardcore. i remember when i was all paranoid with my first purchase of nfa. what you will find is that nfa sellers and buyers are a decent group of people. i've bought many dozens of mgs from indiv and dealers alike over the last 25 yrs without issue. all sight unseen and no flights or lawyers. i say this just to say it can be done and doesnt have to be a confrontational antagonist process is all. id rec' involving a personal friend of yours who has been thru the mg purchase process. put him on the phone along with you to the seller and just chat about mgs for 5-10 min....no non-mg owner scammer can do that. they cant hide their scam via detailed phone calling just chatting about mgs. always TALK to the seller by phone. Always ask for unredacted copy of the form 4, pics of the gun including sn, and proof of life pic...and you are good to go IMO. i mean the above advise as friendly suggestions and not as me just being a dick and making fun of you. i do remember when i was at the same stage long ago. relax francis...you'll be fine.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rhouston8 said:

dang man. you are paying a lawyer for a purchase contract and flights ...for a mac purchase? otay den.

that's hardcore. i remember when i was all paranoid with my first purchase of nfa. what you will find is that nfa sellers and buyers are a decent group of people. i've bought many dozens of mgs from indiv and dealers alike over the last 25 yrs without issue. all sight unseen and no flights or lawyers. i say this just to say it can be done and doesnt have to be a confrontational antagonist process is all. id rec' involving a personal friend of yours who has been thru the mg purchase process. put him on the phone along with you to the seller and just chat about mgs for 5-10 min....no non-mg owner scammer can do that. they cant hide their scam via detailed phone calling just chatting about mgs. always TALK to the seller by phone. Always ask for unredacted copy of the form 4, pics of the gun including sn, and proof of life pic...and you are good to go IMO. i mean the above advise as friendly suggestions and not as me just being a dick and making fun of you. i do remember when i was at the same stage long ago. relax francis...you'll be fine.

Thanks for the thoughts here good sir. A few long-time folks here reached out (and have been amazing) and understood why I posted the details as they are. There is of course, some reading between the lines needed here..

yup...there will be differing opinions on how best to buy. no doubt. and nobody wants to get scammed. successful mg scams are very very rare fortunately. common sense will go a long way to preventing such. the vast majority of scam attempts are by non-mg , non gun owner morons who couldnt hold a basic 5 min conversation about why they like their gun, whats their favorite mg and why, who do they know in mg-land, where they shoot, etc. I've found that mg owners are a talkative bunch and we LOVE jawboning about all things machine guns and most of us know a lot of other machine gun owners...so I'd expect any seller to be able to carry on such a conversation naturally and without  hesitation. Personally for some guns when I'm buying I like to see a recent video of the gun dumping two mags. Oh...a GREAT way to seriously cut down on scams...use iphone facetime. Get a local mg owning friend (or knowledgeable person-your receiving dealer perhaps assuming you are buying out of state) to hop on a facetime along w you and the seller...and look at the gun and seller real time.  The red flags are when the seller:

1. has way too low of a price

2. is too aggressive in wanting to sell to you quickly

3. deliberately tries to minimize or eliminate face time with you or phone call. Ie..they want to do everything by text or email

4. They have weird emails, wont show you full form 4s or recent proof of life pics

5. They have a thick accent when you talk to them (yeah I know...whatever, it's true in the scammer world. sorry)

6. They misspell or use "weird" grammar in comms with you or in their ads. They add a lot of unnec. hyperbole

7. They don't personally know xyz or any other machine gunners. In fact I always do reference checks on sellers before I buy...meaning I post their name here and at snugbus.com and various mg boards. I ask the seller what online sites they have/hang out at and I go search it down to verify.

8. They insist on some payment form other than routine personal check. After all transfers take a LONG time..check should be fine. There's no need for immediate funds as I see it.

Find a mg dude in your area, make friends, and enlist some help in your purchase. MG owners are glad to help a dude buy his first mg (or 100th mg). You'll find that most of us are long time addicts. You've clearly already done at least your basic homework as the M11/9 is a fantastic 1st mg...esp with Lage upper. Oh yeah...make sure to look a Uzitalk site too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rhouston8 said:

yup...there will be differing opinions on how best to buy. no doubt. and nobody wants to get scammed. successful mg scams are very very rare fortunately. common sense will go a long way to preventing such. the vast majority of scam attempts are by non-mg , non gun owner morons who couldnt hold a basic 5 min conversation about why they like their gun, whats their favorite mg and why, who do they know in mg-land, where they shoot, etc. I've found that mg owners are a talkative bunch and we LOVE jawboning about all things machine guns and most of us know a lot of other machine gun owners...so I'd expect any seller to be able to carry on such a conversation naturally and without  hesitation. Personally for some guns when I'm buying I like to see a recent video of the gun dumping two mags. Oh...a GREAT way to seriously cut down on scams...use iphone facetime. Get a local mg owning friend (or knowledgeable person-your receiving dealer perhaps assuming you are buying out of state) to hop on a facetime along w you and the seller...and look at the gun and seller real time.  The red flags are when the seller:

1. has way too low of a price

2. is too aggressive in wanting to sell to you quickly

3. deliberately tries to minimize or eliminate face time with you or phone call. Ie..they want to do everything by text or email

4. They have weird emails, wont show you full form 4s or recent proof of life pics

5. They have a thick accent when you talk to them (yeah I know...whatever, it's true in the scammer world. sorry)

6. They misspell or use "weird" grammar in comms with you or in their ads. They add a lot of unnec. hyperbole

7. They don't personally know xyz or any other machine gunners. In fact I always do reference checks on sellers before I buy...meaning I post their name here and at snugbus.com and various mg boards. I ask the seller what online sites they have/hang out at and I go search it down to verify.

8. They insist on some payment form other than routine personal check. After all transfers take a LONG time..check should be fine. There's no need for immediate funds as I see it.

Find a mg dude in your area, make friends, and enlist some help in your purchase. MG owners are glad to help a dude buy his first mg (or 100th mg). You'll find that most of us are long time addicts. You've clearly already done at least your basic homework as the M11/9 is a fantastic 1st mg...esp with Lage upper. Oh yeah...make sure to look a Uzitalk site too.

I've found gun owners in particular to be very talkative and open minded.

Thanks for the advice here. I think there should be a sticky/pin with this sort of info at the top of the forum.

One thing that's good as someone pointed, out MG people are almost always financially well off, educated and beyond gun nuts (be it dealers, sellers etc. as they have no problem paying the cost of a new car or cheap house for a gun.. granted they are excellent investments … but that just adds to the validity of my point) This makes finding scamming pieces of garbage relatively easy … particularly as I said before chances are you are pretty bright and can pick up on the relatively low function of this fuck head criminals. You have a WAY better chance being scammed buying a title one gun than here. Not saying put your guard down totally just you can relax a bit... One piece of advice NEVER EVER buy from a website that is not well known there are a LOT of fake sites selling "discounted" MGs... no one discounts an MG there's 0 need as they will go up in price next week. Anyway welcome to the family! Good luck on your first purchase... beware they are like potato chips, tattoos and the like!

Jake 

P.S.sorry for myself and the others posting.. I know your checking these hoping to see a good deal on a MG not babbling on about how to buy one..

Do yourself and a private seller a favor and go to Ruben for your first MG purchase.  There is nothing more exhausting then dealing with a first time MG buyer. Go to Ruben so you better understand the process and sleep at night.   Keep in mind your buying a 150 dollar ghetto blaster.  No matter the condition it can be sent to Sam at practical solutions to be reparked and look brand new which is what Ruben does.  The m11/9 is the best first time mg and it’s a great choice.  I always send mine to Sam while in NFA jail to have him go thru them.  He will make the gun better then factory new and refinish it when done.  Sam is the Mac master hands down.  He will make sure the gun runs flawless before it leaves.  There is nothing more aggravating then spending a bunch of money on a mg and waiting months to get it only to find out it won’t run.  Sometimes those NIB guns are exactly that and the beat up macs run like a sewing machine.  I’m speaking from hard learned experience here.  So instead of paying a lawyer for some paperwork and not sleeping at night just call Ruben.  

• Like 1

https://dealernfa.com/

Met Ruben in 1997 at the fall shoot at Knob Creek, did a few small transactions with him, nothing major, straight up guy and most importantly Honest.

Met another class act https://dennisatodd.com/ Dennis & Jeanie Todd there the same year. Bought my first Colt M16 burst rifle from Dennis in 1997 for a mear $ 5800.00 LOL.

Fond memories of the old days.....

Edited by Rooster2412

An in-state face to face purchase is always nice and easy if you are lucky to find such a situation. A WTB ad, networking, calling dealers in your area and asking around to find someone in your area/State is the approach. Not all sellers are advertising but would sell if they hear someone is looking locally. Might take longer and more work for you to call around and follow up, but its another pretty darn safe option. You can see the person, the item, etc and do all paperwork in person. Good luck

Edited by Tall Pine

2 hours ago, Sleepy said:

Do yourself and a private seller a favor and go to Ruben for your first MG purchase.  There is nothing more exhausting then dealing with a first time MG buyer. Go to Ruben so you better understand the process and sleep at night.   Keep in mind your buying a 150 dollar ghetto blaster.  No matter the condition it can be sent to Sam at practical solutions to be reparked and look brand new which is what Ruben does.  The m11/9 is the best first time mg and it’s a great choice.  I always send mine to Sam while in NFA jail to have him go thru them.  He will make the gun better then factory new and refinish it when done.  Sam is the Mac master hands down.  He will make sure the gun runs flawless before it leaves.  There is nothing more aggravating then spending a bunch of money on a mg and waiting months to get it only to find out it won’t run.  Sometimes those NIB guns are exactly that and the beat up macs run like a sewing machine.  I’m speaking from hard learned experience here.  So instead of paying a lawyer for some paperwork and not sleeping at night just call Ruben.  

1 hour ago, Rooster2412 said:

https://dealernfa.com/

Met Ruben in 1997 at the fall shoot at Knob Creek, did a few small transactions with him, nothing major, straight up guy and most importantly Honest.

Met another class act https://dennisatodd.com/ Dennis & Jeanie Todd there the same year. Bought my first Colt M16 burst rifle from Dennis in 1997 for a mear $ 5800.00 LOL.

Fond memories of the old days.....

Already chatting with Ruben on an m16

13 minutes ago, Schmeisser Guy said:

I would check out Vito at Only the Best Firearms. Since this is your first gun and you are VERY nervous, buy from a well known dealer like Vito or Ruben. You get what you pay for.

I called to buy his gun the other day and it was sold lol

34 minutes ago, Nation68 said:

MWT Midwest tactical has a few for sale right now as well!!! MWT, Vito, Ruben all good in my book!

Just reached out and I'm buying this one. Waiting on the final numbers/invoice. Thanks!

• Like 3

Welcome and I was in your same boat a few years ago. When I finally decided it was time to get into the full auto world and still be financially stable I didn’t know where to start. Everyone on here has given great advice about going with a well known dealer to help eliminate any of that fear we all had the first time. I was lucky enough to meet and become friends with someone who had a sizable collection and pretty much took me under his wing. I purchased a NIB M11/9 from him and he guided me through the process of setting up a trust, which I’d almost consider a must before purchasing any machine gun, to meeting at a local FFL to fill out the form-4s who he was friends with to better explain the paperwork and answer any questions that he couldn’t. The FFL wasn’t really necessary and they did it as a courtesy but it did add that extra little bit of confidence for the whole thing. The process seemed very intimidating at first but is actually pretty simple and straightforward. Any person/ dealer that wont do a phone call is an automatic no for me as any machine gun owner or dealer is more then willing to talk about them. For the M11/9 side I’ve owned both new and used M11/9s and the used one which went through practical solutions was easily the best shooting out of all of them. All the issues were already sorted out and was ready to rock and roll. I’ve also dealt with Dave and Beth from DoubleTap firearms in Milton, PA several times and I highly recommend them as well. The NFA world especially the machine gun side is full of great and knowledgeable people. Anytime I’ve been at the range and someone else had a mg it always leads to a great conversation where I almost always learn something and often get offered to try their firearms and vice versa. Hope any of this helps