the Wait time

ironbb

Hay Not new to NFA and already have a can but I pulled the Trigger on a Transferable M-11 LAST MAY and I'm still waiting.... my dealer said what it COULD be is sense I pulled the trigger on an SBR and another Suppressor he suspects that they could have recognized my name  be bundling the stamps all in one file. just wondering if this has happened to anyone else or the ATF are just dragging their feet EXTRA EXTRA slow sense a Machine gun is being transferred hoping that the wait causes me to back out of the deal.

If you are over a year on a SINGLE Form4 transfer, I would def call them for a status update at (304) 616-4500.
There are a lot of possibilities why your F4 is slower than normal, but no point speculating...

Your application is winding through multiple understaffed/under-automated government pencil-pushing organizations with lots of opportunities for goof-ups.

FWIW, I transfer MGs all the time; I don't see any extra delays for MGs vs other NFA items.

Hope that helps,

-- Matt

Be aware if an nfa item you purchased was in possession of an individual (not by dealer SOT) and was out of state there would be two form4s for the single item - one from original owner to your FFL/sot and a second from your FFL/sot to you. Combined, those would likely take over a year given current processing times…

Edited by mattnh

On 8/13/2021 at 2:49 AM, ironbb said:

he suspects that they could have recognized my name  be bundling the stamps all in one file.

yeah that doesnt happen. They cant even answer FOIA and you think they can manage to get forms together from multiple people/locations and bundle them.