Two eForms questions

MP5

1.  I have three guns in my eForms inventory that show "Form 2 Registration" in the Manufacturer column.  Does anyone know what this means or what the significance of it is?  Two are older (well prior to 1986 originally registered) USA manufactured MG's, and one is a pre-86 Imported MG.  I'm confused ..... and when I submitted this question via the Ask The Expert function within the eForms system, I never got an answer. 

2.  In the BBL Length column, several guns show a notation like RR17.7 or RR12.5, etc.  Does anyone know what the RR in front of the digits of a bbl length mean?

Hoping someone here can explain these things.  Many thanks.

51 minutes ago, taylorwso said:

From 2 registration was how they initially got in the inventory.

RR is usually registered receiver, just my guess

what Type of guns are they?

Although I have never seen one (because I am not a Manufacturer or an Importer), an ATF Form 2 is apparently a Notice of Firearm Manufactured or Imported.  Was a Form 2 the very first  original Form for every registered machine gun in the NFA Registry?  Every gun in there was obviously either manufactured (domestically) or imported.  Why would only a few guns show "Form 2 Registration" in the Manufacturer column of an eForms Inventory, rather than the actual manufacturer, like most of the entries? The three guns that show this on my eForms Inventory list are:  A pre-86 Walther SMG (obviously imported); a transferable Sten tube gun ("manufactured" domestically); and a MAC M6, also manufactured domestically and of likely early 1950's vintage. Has anyone else seen this "Form 2 registration" notation in the Manufacturer column of their eForms Inventory?

It seems strange that "RR" followed by some digits that are the bbl length - and appearing the the "Barrel Length" column of the eForms Inventory - would mean "registered receiver".

The other thing I have wondered about is why some machine guns show "Imported NFA Firearm" in the Manufacturer column instead of the actual manufacturer, like H&K, Beretta, etc.  This appears for a few of my pre-86 guns and also some of my post-86 guns, so the "pre" and "post" doesn't seem to be a factor in this designation.  Anyone have any idea on this?

Edited by MP5

I have an unrelated eform question:

1. you buy a machine gun as an individual, it was transferred to you on a Form 4.

2. years later, you become an FFL/SOT  (sole proprietorship under your name and a DBA)

can you transfer the MG to an out of state dealer/SOT on an E-form 3?  if so how does it get listed in your inventory on eforms?

thanks

10 hours ago, shiklg said:

I have an unrelated eform question:

1. you buy a machine gun as an individual, it was transferred to you on a Form 4.

2. years later, you become an FFL/SOT  (sole proprietorship under your name and a DBA)

can you transfer the MG to an out of state dealer/SOT on an E-form 3?  if so how does it get listed in your inventory on eforms?

thanks

got to get it into your FFL inventory.  Can do it with a form 5 individual to ffl.  Then form 3 out.

FFL needs to be a sole proprietorship, else pay the 200.

10 hours ago, MP5 said:

Why would only a few guns show "Form 2 Registration" in the Manufacturer column of an eForms Inventory, rather than the actual manufacturer,

The other thing I have wondered about is why some machine guns show "Imported NFA Firearm" in the Manufacturer column instead of the actual manufacturer,  Anyone have any idea on this?

because the electronic database and the original paper database are all fucked. 

Many guns have been made/imported on paper, many of these copies are gone/lost in the aft because government. When the Atf gets a electronic update, say a form 3, they just put in the data, which may or may not be correct with the original (lost) paper trail.

try and ask them about it- no dont.