Need info on getting gun & sear to 07 SOT

Ohiojohn

I've been sitting on a semi FNC and registered sear for quite a while now and need to get off of my ass and get it to Curtis Higgins for the conversion. What is the process (legal requirements) I need to take to get the gun to Curtis and what would be the best way to ship the gun and sear? Separately or together? On my  FNC HOWCO folder, the dealer had Curtis do the conversion before I bought it (NIB) so my form 4 states that the MG sear, #xxxxxxxx is in FNC #xxxxxxxxx. My form 4 for the sear is just that, sear #xxxx and no mention of a gun. After the marriage of sear to FNC is there anything I need to do regarding the registry? 

Thanks in advance.

John

Ship it using FedEx. Box everything up very securely so the gun doesn't move. Use the brown paper tape, not plastic. Inform them that you are shipping a firearm, no need to say it's an MG. You as an individual can ship a gun to a dealer in any state. Insure it for the total replacement value and ship it overnight or 2-3 day priority, registered, whatever they call it. You CAN file a form 5 for repair if you wish but ATF has said it isn't necessary. 

Ummm... You have a separate Form 4 for the gun already and another Form 4 for the sear? That's a bit wonky, no?

On 1/21/2016 at 8:21 PM, Shattered said:

Ship it using FedEx. Box everything up very securely so the gun doesn't move. Use the brown paper tape, not plastic. Inform them that you are shipping a firearm, no need to say it's an MG. You as an individual can ship a gun to a dealer in any state. Insure it for the total replacement value and ship it overnight or 2-3 day priority, registered, whatever they call it. You CAN file a form 5 for repair if you wish but ATF has said it isn't necessary. 

Ummm... You have a separate Form 4 for the gun already and another Form 4 for the sear? That's a bit wonky, no?

No, 2 FNCs. one is a howco folder that I bought as a MG and the second is a full stock that I bought as a parts gun and later bought a sear to make it a MG. been over 10 years, so I thought it was time to get the conversion done.