A Colt Thompson Buyer & Collectors Guide

TD.

A new and pocket size (8.25" x 6") book on the Colt Thompson submachine gun by Tom Davis, Jr.

This book is the result of feedback from buyers of my second book, An Amateur's Guide for the Colt's Thompson Submachine Gun. One recurring comment I hear from readers is the Amateur’s Guide book is a great reference book. However, it is just a little too large to drag around to a gun show, auction house or Thompson show when inspecting a Colt Thompson. I have been told many times something smaller and easier to carry around would be perfect – but keep the pictures and captions. This 51 page in color book is mostly pictures with expansive captions.

All Colt Thompson submachine guns are very expensive in today’s marketplace. Some are astonishingly high priced. Reference books about Thompson submachine guns are also expensive but can identify many pitfalls that can save buyers a lot of remorse if utilized properly. This pocket size book is designed to allow a prospective buyer or enthusiast the opportunity to correctly inspect a Colt Thompson in a systematic step by step process from one area to another - at a very reasonable price. It is not a replacement for my Amateur’s Guide book; it is a supplemental guide. It is also an inexpensive introduction to the Colt Thompson submachine gun for those new to the machine gun community seeking to learn about the iconic Tommy Gun.

It is available on Amazon.com for $24.99 plus shipping and tax. My price is $25 for a signed copy postage paid. I will have copies available at the upcoming Thompson Collector's Association (TCA) Show & Shoot in late April as well as the early May, Ohio Gun Collector's Association (OGCA) display show. If you cannot make these events, contact me at: tkd5501@fuse.net for ordering information. Or if you just want to talk Thompson; no purchase required!

Thank you for all your past support.

I also have all of my other books available: Great Britain – The Tommy Gun Story, An Amateur's Guide for the Colt's Thompson Submachine Gun, A Thompson Compendium and Thompson: Colt's, West Hurley's & More.

CROP10Mar2024.thumb.jpg.414bef133a05e1fa494c6624d19f2952.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am going to bring this back to the top because I have had several questions if this new book would help evaluate the Colt Thompson submachine guns being offered in the upcoming Morphy and Rock Island auctions. The answer is yes. I have looked at all the Colt's being offered by these two auction houses in May 2024. There are some nice Colt's in the mix. But there are some that you really need to understand the deficiencies before bidding - unless you want a shooter grade Colt. One Colt is being relisted because the past winner thought the barrel was original and the auction information did not disclose an obvious replacement barrel. This book will help you avoid those mistakes. Purchase information is listed above. If you're looking for a Colt and/or just want to learn about this iconic submachine gun, this will be the best 25 bucks you will ever spend. 

I want to thank everyone for their past support.  

• Like 1