Form4 Transfer question

Hello All:

I sold a C&R NFA item to a individual who has a 03 FFL

He sent me actual fingerprint cards and Photos(hard copies)

Can i scan them and E File a Form 4 ??

I believe it has to be a paper form accompanied by the $200 and the prints and photos

Thanks for any input

Edited by Greasegunner

21 hours ago, Greasegunner said:

He sent me actual fingerprint cards and Photos(hard copies)

Can i scan them and E File a Form 4 ??

no

they must be a fbi approved .eft file.  it says as much in the directions what the format is

Edited by taylorwso

Hi Greasegunner,

I've scanned the photos and put them directly on the eform4.  This is easy enough if you have a scanner or even a cell phone and know how to resize a photo.  When you execute the eform4 without an .eft file the system emails you a cover letter for submission of the paper fp cards.  I verify the ORI is correct on the supplied prints and mail them off to the address on the cover letter.  It is important to be ready to mail the fp cards.  IIRC, they have to be in BATF's hands in 10 days or there abouts.

Entering the electronic age, having your own .eft file is handy.  I was surprised how many places supply the service (at a cost of about $50).  The nice thing is if you have done the .eft file correctly, much of the eform4 fills in automatically.

Enjoy,

Grasshopper