Machinegunpriceguide.com Uptated

panhead57

I really apricate the effort of the machine gun reference guide. I will be honest I cant figure out where the swingle lines end if its the blue dot or what?. For us old farts with bad eyes and non statistical training it would be great if they could put the amount's at the bottom of the page ( keep the graft ). Sorry just get lost with all the lines and blue ball. If I am being insulting i am sorry not my intention just have a hard time figuring it out. Thanks in advance Glenn O.  

Does anyone know where these numbers come from?

Are people really sending them sales data? 

For MG's that not uncommonly sell with accessories (ex beltfeds) it would be helpful to know if these numbers include those or are just the guns themselves. 

Example: 

The M2HB chart from Aug 22 to now shows a range from 45k to 80k. 

I appreciate it being published but the lack of additional details on the data, it seems to raise more questions than it answers.

I've personally never trusted their "data" as it seems to always be high or completely out of date.  If someone wants to know the market, its better to do your own market research and not consider one website to be the gospel on prices (such as the MG price guide)  We also know that going to auction houses for market price checks are not going to yield good results as they always get stupid money anymore.  

The big dealers are always inflating the market. Usually 15-20% higher all the time. The only way it’s going to level out is if a lot of these older collections hit the market. The more inventory the better it will be for a buyer. That’s why the dealers are willing to drop big money for collections… it’s keeps competition out of the market to

Edited by Labanaktis

I definitely agree with @Got Uzi I don’t trust that website to give you the greatest accuracy of the true market of guns trading hands. Also definitely agree with @Labanaktis about dealers trying to inflate the market. If the dealers where smart they’d honestly artificially try to hold mac prices down (an other lower end mgs) to help get people into the machinegun world… they are making many younger dudes not even interested in getting into transferables because the entry level mgs cost 10k plus now for the most part… I know a lot more guys my age getting ffl’s an sot’s instead of buying transferables. I know 3 guys in my area that are my age (27) or younger with transferables…. I know 10 others my age or younger in my area that have FFL’s an a sot instead… in the long run I think it will bite the dealers truthfully.

21 hours ago, db1234 said:

Does anyone know where these numbers come from?

Are people really sending them sales data? 

For MG's that not uncommonly sell with accessories (ex beltfeds) it would be helpful to know if these numbers include those or are just the guns themselves. 

Example: 

The M2HB chart from Aug 22 to now shows a range from 45k to 80k. 

I appreciate it being published but the lack of additional details on the data, it seems to raise more questions than it answers.

overinflated BS.

I know there have been reports of sales that were BS,  this data presented-in that form is just about worthless imo.