Professional Assistance with NFA Forms

Capt.Michael

I’m looking for recommendations for someone I can hire to help me fill out  and submit ATF forms so I get it correct the first time and don’t have to spend half my life researching how to do it. More specifically, I want to update addresses on a trust and corporation as I have moved, and I want to transfer a few guns between states. I am in Dallas Texas and it would be nice to have someone local, but I can do it with anyone anywhere I imagine. Just want someone who who really knows their stuff so I can get it done correctly. 

30 minutes ago, taylorwso said:

its drop downs and addresses, its  simple.

oh and trusts are a waste.

if your not willing to put in a little effort about a process you should be familiar you are cheating yourself

So are state and federal income taxes but I have a team of CPAs. Same could be said for local state and federal business law, family law, my will and directives, etc. but I have lawyers review all that stuff too.  

• Like 1

Maybe you could find an FFL/SOT in your area or somewhere in TX and just pay them their normal transfer fee to go over the forms for you. They may even do all the paperwork since you're paying them anyway. I'm not in TX so I can't recommend any specific FFL/SOT but seems like something that would be in their wheel house. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Capt.Michael said:

So are state and federal income taxes but I have a team of CPAs. Same could be said for local state and federal business law, family law, my will and directives, etc. but I have lawyers review all that stuff too.  

then just get a laywer to do it since  you have them on call, thats what they are for

Edited by taylorwso

Agree with the above advice.  Hire an attorney that has experience in this, or find a local FFL/SOT that does a lot of them

My other recommendation is that you submit a paper form (not E-Form.)  I have heard that if there is a problem with a paper form, the ATF will contact you and allow you to fix the error.  With an E-Form submission, it just gets rejected/denied and you have to start from scratch.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2023 at 1:00 PM, Capt.Michael said:

I’m looking for recommendations for someone I can hire to help me fill out  and submit ATF forms so I get it correct the first time and don’t have to spend half my life researching how to do it. More specifically, I want to update addresses on a trust and corporation as I have moved, and I want to transfer a few guns between states. I am in Dallas Texas and it would be nice to have someone local, but I can do it with anyone anywhere I imagine. Just want someone who who really knows their stuff so I can get it done correctly. 

Howdy.  I'm a local estate planning attorney up in Lewisville, and I prepare NFA trusts as well.  I'd be happy to help you with any guidance you need on these topics.

Please feel free to contact me - sent you a PM with my phone and email address

Yes, I realize that I'm a new member and this is my first post.  I finally have taken my own advice and started the process on owning a transferable machinegun myself, so I'll be browsing these forums gaining more 'technical' knowledge on specific firearms.

Edited by Uncle Zeek

Another new guy posting email and phone numbers… come on guy, read the rules… they are actually there to protect you in this case. 

NEVER POST NUMBERS OR EMAILS… use the PM

Edited by Labanaktis

35 minutes ago, Labanaktis said:

Another new guy posting email and phone numbers… come on guy, read the rules… they are actually there to protect you in this case. 

NEVER POST NUMBERS OR EMAILS… use the PM

Thank you, I missed that before - edited my post. 

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/19/2023 at 10:23 AM, taylorwso said:

oh and trusts are a waste.

totally agree Taylor, after 41f trusts are overly burdensome with having to send in your entire trust (which is supposed to be private by design) and all of the BS

"responsible person" paperwork.  Individual is the way.........