Not renewing Sot selling post guns

teakle

Below in Italics  is from a section chief

you do need a letter

Also on each form 3 that you do, you need to attach all the post samples that you have

Follows is his instructions to me 

" Please also have the following on the OOB letter.

We would like for the letters to consist of the following:

• THE LETTER HAS TO BE DATED AND SIGNED
    • THE TARGET DATE OF WHEN THE BUSINESS WILL BE CLOSED HAS TO BE INCLUDED WITHIN THE BODY OF THE LETTER.
    • THE LETTER CANNOT BE SUBMITTED MORE THAN 90 DAYS BEFORE GOING OUT OF BUSINESS.
    • MUST BE ON LETTER HEAD.
    • REFERENCE THE SOT(S) GOING OUT OF BUSINESS, LIST ALL FFL(S) ASSOCIATED WITH THAT SOT.
    • LIST ALL MACHINEGUNS IN THE INVENTORY THAT WILL BE REQUESTED TRANSFER UNDER PROVISION 479.105(F).

Interesting, I thought I had heard the 90 days window but wasn't positive. 

I suppose that you o ly get the 90 days before your SOT expires if you are only letting the SOT lapse. 

You could still sell them before that though, with the disclaimer that the transfer won't happen until April 1st or whatever you 90 days window starts

40 minutes ago, SGT Fish said:

Interesting, I thought I had heard the 90 days window but wasn't positive. 

I suppose that you o ly get the 90 days before your SOT expires if you are only letting the SOT lapse. 

You could still sell them before that though, with the disclaimer that the transfer won't happen until April 1st or whatever you 90 days window starts

If you notify ATF on June 1 that you are not renewing, they wont let you transfer thru Sept 1 without another SOT renewal

You can start the 90 day clock anytime. Some people notify ATF on May1st for example and they will have to pay another $500 since they will go out of

business on 8/1. I think the best strategy is to go out of business on October 1st for example and sell the post 86's with No Demo Letter.

That way you dont compete with the many SOTs that are quitting 6/30 and those guys start 3/31

• 2 weeks later...