M60 "TYPE" Brass catcher

har1690

I had purchased the Brass catcher some time ago thinking it was for and M60 to catch brass and links. Well now realizing that this brass catcher will not attach to an      M-60, I'm left with Well what firearm will this attach to? The welds seem to be factory as all welds are, well factory. Looking for help to identify what weapon this brass catcher will work with.

20221012_165620.jpg

tag.jpg

I was given a similar brass catcher and told it was for an M60 door gun. I ended up giving it to Kevin Dockery as he was writing a book on the M60 at the time. Not sure if it mounts directly to the gun or to the aircraft mount. Mine came from a National Guard aviation unit that had it lying around in a back room but had long since switched to the M240H

The catcher pictured is very similar to the M60 brass catcher except the mounting hardware located in the front of my picture is different. Most likley the catcher you came in contact with was the correct catcher for the M60. Mine has either been professionally altered or from the factory for what weapon? My understanding is that the door gun catcher would not work/fit with a standard M-60 with the front handguard installed. Hench the door gun M60 without the handguard is the correct application. I can't believe there are that many guns my catcher would fit on. Seems some type of .30 cal? The bag installed is a standard M60 bag.

Edited by har1690

Not sure what that fits on, but there are two styles for the M60. One looks like yours, but has the front T-slot that yours is missing.   Yes, the front hand guard needs to be removed in order to put the mounting bracket on the front for the second T slot.   Not sure why yours was cut off?  I have one with both "ears" and both T slots and the other has just T- slots which I assume is an earlier version before whatever secondary system the ears were added for?