Insurance for gun collections

I was hoping some of you guys might have some insight into specialty insurance for gun collections. I have reached the point where I feel that I need to insure the contents of my collection but have no experience in specialty insurance. I am wondering what companies others are using and what their experiences with said companies have been. Any information anyone can provide at this point would be much appreciated.

I've had a good experience with this company

Collectibles Gun Insurance

888-837-9537

https://collectinsure.com/what-we-insure/guns-knives-accessories?gclid=Cj0KCQjw9fntBRCGARIsAGjFq5HOMhJ58GYaIj6nVVj-3uY4eNJiTkOfWQOPdYLuNhDgk70AMofCjtIaAqrvEALw_wcB 

To be fair, I've never made a claim so my recommendation is definitely qualified.    But I chose this company after other recommendations and upon the advise of my business & personal insurance agent (with whom I have done business for over 30 years and is a friend of the family).   The simple reason being they specialize in high value collections so there is some level of expertise and understanding.    My rate is less than 1% of valuation (I think around 75-80 basis points) but I have a large deductible.    My goal is to insure against a catastrophic loss due to fire, flood or whatever.   If I loose a pistol or rifle with a break in to my house, car, etc., I just figure I'll pay for a new one.      The other thing nice about the collectible insurance is you don't have give them your serial numbers unless the gun exceeds a specific value so it's real easy to initiate a policy.   Of course, if you ever have to make a claim, you'll need a list of all your firearms that were lost along with the declared value.   The main point being it's easy to get a policy started.   

Good luck on your journey.   Isn't it great to live in a country where our worry is about how to protect the firearms WE ALREADY OWN!   I've been to a lot of places where they can't own firearms.

• Like 1

GREAT ADVISE ABOVE!   high deductible a big help it uses a sliding scale and take advantage for the best deal. one important adder, many exclude acc. like optics and ammo, others don't CHECK! at least cover the optics. KATRINA was an eye opener and even more big changes have occurred following all the bad storms and flooding. make sure and get straight answers concerning  them.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been using collectibles for years. They are not afraid of high value machine guns as long as you schedule them.

only take a large deductible if the savings makes sense. If you have a small deductible and you don’t want to file a claim you just don’t file the claim.

Typically it is hard for a higher deductible to make sense unless the premium on the policy is very large (over 350,000). As in everything there are exceptions.

Collectibles will put a flood exclusion on a property that is located in a flood zone but will cover stuff for flood if you are not in a flood zone ( my experience I don’t live near the coast)

I like collectibles the best. Never had a claim so no experience with their adjusters.

I am in the business and will help anyway I can. ( I don’t sell gun insurance)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...