Legality of Thompson Trigger Frame in California

Hey everyone

Just bought my first NFA Thompson and it came with extra parts including a complete trigger frame I do not need. I was looking to sell it and have a buyer in California. My questions are 

is a complete trigger frame legal to send to California? I know it can be sent really anywhere but unsure of California. 

is still has the full auto switch, but from my understand you can just put it on a receiver and it go full auto. That is really my only concern. I’ve been told it’s just gun parts and no problem, just trying to learn more. Yes I contacted the ATF and asked them to really no help. 

It will not fit a semi as the reciever's/bolts are different sizes.  Plus full auto sits lower.  It would be like selling HK push pin lower.  Wont fit or turn a semi HK into machinegun without modifications.

MG parts are illegal to possess in WA if I'm not mistaken. So be careful with selling anything to people living there, but I don't think CA is so strict.

Edited by Chef

The selector switch in the Thompson doesn't make the gun full auto.  If you yank it out of the gun, all you get is full auto.  The switch activates a trip that disengages the sear from the trigger so you have to release the trigger and pull it again to get another shot off.  Without it- full auto only. 

On 4/27/2024 at 2:26 PM, sport10990 said:

Yeah I saw that but the Thompson trigger frame is not the receiver and by frame, I assume they mean a lever gun frame. My concern is the selector switch on it 

I looked at this a little closer and it appears the new rules are for precursor parts which I take to mean an unfinished receiver. Simple parts sales are not yet restricted. I don’t think there is any special rule singling out the selector. However I am in California at the moment so on my next visit to town I will ask at one of the gun shops.