WTB: PTR PDW A3 STOCK

Nugg

• 2 months later...

Hi, I am new to the PTR PDW and just bought the older style with that weird endcap and no pic rail on top. I am going to form 1 it. My question is can I just buy a PTR A2 stock and attach it to that endplate if I take that weird part off? Thanks

On 2/10/2024 at 4:03 PM, iiokurud said:

Hi, I am new to the PTR PDW and just bought the older style with that weird endcap and no pic rail on top. I am going to form 1 it. My question is can I just buy a PTR A2 stock and attach it to that endplate if I take that weird part off? Thanks

I'm not sure if you can take apart the pistol end cap and install an A2 stock. I've only had an A2. One option when I was searching was to purchase an A3 host and send it to Parabellum Combat  Systems, to either cut out the recoil rod from my A2 and transfer it to the new host or cut the recoil rod on the A3 host down to proper specs. HKparts.com sells complete A2's to work with your PDW also. In my case I  ended up finding a used A3 pdw stock.

22 minutes ago, Nugg said:

I'm not sure if you can take apart the pistol end cap and install an A2 stock. I've only had an A2. One option when I was searching was to purchase an A3 host and send it to Parabellum Combat  Systems, to either cut out the recoil rod from my A2 and transfer it to the new host or cut the recoil rod on the A3 host down to proper specs. HKparts.com sells complete A2's to work with your PDW also. In my case I  ended up finding a used A3 pdw stock.

Thanks! On a FB group a guy said yes you can and another agreed. The gun was shipped today so I will see soon. Hopefully it works. I will update when I know. 

• Like 1

On 2/12/2024 at 4:43 PM, Nugg said:

So I got the PDWR and you unscrew the 2 screws inside the PTR endcap, unscrew the sling mount, remove the ugly cap, screw on any g3 stock. No problems and no need to spend extra money. Super easy.

• Like 1