NFA FOIA Letter Template?

MP5

Does anyone have a template of a letter they have used - successfully - for an FOIA request to get the original paperwork on an NFA gun?  I've been told this is possible, but would like to get a copy of a "successfully" used letter (template).  Also, who does it get sent to?  ATF/NFA Division?  Or ....??? And about how long does it take for a response?  Any info from those who have done this before would be greatly appreciated.

Wow that was quick.  Was your request for a copy of an old Form 2 or other original NFA Registration form for a particular gun? Or was it something else?  It's been 8 months since I requested NFA Div to add a few missing guns to my eForms inventory - even sent them copies of the current registration forms - and that still hasn't happened!

it was for all information regarding a specific serial # (post sample machine gun).  

I was pleasantly surprised to get all the documents relating to that serial number in about 2 weeks 

on a separate note, it really is no big deal if a NFA item is not in your E-Forms inventory.

You can fill out a "paper" form 3 or 4 and email it to the NFA branch, and it will take about the same time to process as Eforms.

Edited by shiklg