Japanese Type 99 Machine Gun .308 Barrels. New Made. ALL SOLD Pending Funds. Thanks

These are new made barrels from Browning 1919 Israeli .308 barrels. The gas block/sight and gas selector are new made to exactly resemble the original with 5 position adjustment.

The barrels are an excellent copy of the original with threading at muzzle and pre-cut for the carry handle (carry handle not included). Barrel cooling flutes are parallel cut, not spiral cut. The barrels come complete with a package of headspace shims to fit to your Type 99 machine gun. Instructions for head spacing will be included.

If you own a Type 99 MG this will allow you to shoot in readily available caliber instead of 7.7 Arisaka. The .308 caliber cartridges will feed from the original magazine.

These barrels were all test fitted and fired from my own Type 99 MG. I only have a few of these barrels to sell, so don't wait too long if you want one.

Price is $2500 per barrel plus shipping from Boise, Idaho. Send a message through Sturm if you are interested.

IMG_3798.JPG

IMG_3800.JPG

IMG_3799.JPG

IMG_3799.01.JPG

Edited by donwest
SOLD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am down to my last 2 barrels that I have for sale. If you have a Type 99 or are thinking of getting one, then you need to act quickly to secure a barrel in .308. The original 7.7x58 Arisaka is an excellent cartridge but will have to hand load to shoot in this caliber as there is no supply of surplus military ammo. Conversion to .308 (7.62x51) is your best option for shooting, and fortunately the original bolt and magazine will work for this caliber conversion.

I did a run of these barrels 15 years ago (without the front sight/gas block included) and they all sold quickly. This is my last run of these barrels. Good Luck.

Don

Just got my barrel and it looks perfect.  Machining great, bore mirror chrome, gas regulator, sights, threaded end.  Have to check fit for my Hitachi and get time to take it out.  Don cautions to stake the sight after drifting it to zero.  Going to get my gunsmith to repro a carry handle based on my other barrel.  Where are you going to find one?  Get it.  Thanks Don for taking the time to craft these. 

• donwest changed the title to Japanese Type 99 Machine Gun .308 Barrels. New Made. ALL SOLD Pending Funds. Thanks
  • Buddy H locked this topic