WTS HK SP5 SBR

coolrider

I bought this new when they were first released.

I have put roughly 200 to 300 rounds through it and has never had an issue. 

It is a registered SBR on a form 4 in Florida.

Comes with the original soft case and 1 30 round magazine.

Price is $3,000. If you are local to the Tampa Bay area and want to see it in person let me know.  Not sure why but the images I uploaded are rotated wrong sorry about that.

IMG_6288.jpg

IMG_6286.jpg

IMG_6287.jpg

IMG_6289.jpg

35 minutes ago, andrew1182 said:

Man you'll have a much easier time selling it if you go ahead and send the atf a letter removing it from the registry. Just food for thought. Nobody wants to pay two stamps to buy a pistol. 

How long does that process take? Once it is a pistol again is it able to be sbr'd by the new owner? Thanks for the input.

In my experience it take from 1-3 months for a response from the ATF to remove from registry. Once it's removed it's officially a pistol again so the buyer could SBR at their leisure. I just think you're going  to have a really hard time getting anywhere near your asking price with an engraved registered SBR that requires $400 in stamps to transfer. You'll have a much easier time finding a buyer once it's off the books. 

From my understanding, and I'm not attorney or ATF agent, you essentially just have to send a request to remove from the registry and notify them it is back in pistol form. Personally, I have always waited for acknowledgment before selling one but some folks have a higher tolerance for risk than I do. 

Edited by andrew1182

43 minutes ago, andrew1182 said:

In my experience it take from 1-3 months for a response from the ATF to remove from registry. Once it's removed it's officially a pistol again so the buyer could SBR at their leisure. I just think you're going  to have a really hard time getting anywhere near your asking price with an engraved registered SBR that requires $400 in stamps to transfer. You'll have a much easier time finding a buyer once it's off the books. 

From my understanding, and I'm not attorney or ATF agent, you essentially just have to send a request to remove from the registry and notify them it is back in pistol form. Personally, I have always waited for acknowledgment before selling one but some folks have a higher tolerance for risk than I do. 

Thanks Andrew I will look into doing this.

4 hours ago, coolrider said:

Thanks Andrew I will look into doing this.

I agree that removing it as an ATF registered SBR will absolutely help in getting it sold. And sharing the info:I appreciate as well.given the massive numbers of people who have been inconvenienced and been lied to,and spent money (literally an item which INCLUDED A PRINTED LETTER OF APPROVAL from ATF! (Only to Told recently after 10 plus YEARS these braces are illegal and Your previously legal gun) is suddenly an illegal SBR and “registration or you are a felon”

Oh…almost forgot…this is a RULING.

NOT an actual LAW.

But…non compliance?

Let Us catch You and see what happens.

We only lock up law abiding citizens and political opponents.

we allow the real criminals roam free.

We have plenty of room in the penitentiary for all You dangerous stability brace owners!

Oh…and Our “prosecutors” WILL BE throwing the Federal book at anyone who dares challenge them.We will almost undoubtedly hear of harsh consequences for folks who don’t comply.

While I disagree with many laws…I ABIDE BY THEM.

My freedom is far too valuable to lose over a plastic rifle part!!!

2 hours ago, rodfarva said:

I've sold several SBRs in pistol formation while the removal from registry request was pending.  There is no harm in doing so.  Once the stock is removed, it technically and legally reverts back to a pistol.  

rodfarva is 100% correct. The most important detail is to take pictures of it as an SBR and also take pics of it in pistol form and include that in the request

to remove it from the registry

you can sell it right away and the official response from NFA will come 30-45 days later