WTS. PS MAC 10/45, W/Max 10/15

Double Tap Firearms

Hey @Double Tap FirearmsI have a quick question for you. I have this same setup (MAC 10 + Lage MAX-10/15) and while installed, the Lage upper has some horizontal play and upper is not super snug on the lower as the upper is a bit thinner in thickness than the internal diameter of the lower receiver. I was just wondering if your example exhibits the same fit as mine? 

21 minutes ago, jl1577 said:

Hey @Double Tap FirearmsI have a quick question for you. I have this same setup (MAC 10 + Lage MAX-10/15) and while installed, the Lage upper has some horizontal play and upper is not super snug on the lower as the upper is a bit thinner in thickness than the internal diameter of the lower receiver. I was just wondering if your example exhibits the same fit as mine? 

I'm a full-time beekeeper part-time gun dealer with my wife. Mixing up some syrup to feed the bees in Florida in 2 weeks. As soon as I get a chance I will get the gun out of the safe and check it out. It seemed pretty snug to me, I never shot the upper yet just put it on the gun. But I will let you know. Thanks

Buy with confidence - I purchased another of Dave's @Double Tap Firearms Mac 10/Lage packages a year or two ago. Perfect condition and as described in every way. Also had the best customer service and communications I've ever received in the NFA community!

@jl1577There was an adjustment screw/s either in the rear of the bolt or the Lage upper itself that expands or contracts to allow for more play or tighten up the uppers. I don't remember if it is on the upper itself or part of the bolt as I haven't got one in front of me - but I've had to use it to fit 3 additional Lage uppers to my RPB lower. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jl1577 said:

Just looked at my Mac 10, the Lage 556 upper has some play in the front by the pin. I had talked to Lage before about some of these uppers and his answer to me was there were so many different lowers built with different uppers originally that some had metal inserts in the lower to strengthen up the original lower. So he had to design an upper that would fit almost any configuration. You might be able to slide some shims down in with the PIN or even some double-sided tape I've seen some guys put on some to help stiffen them up. Hope that helps. Thank you all for commenting

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Double Tap Firearms said:

Just looked at my Mac 10, the Lage 556 upper has some play in the front by the pin. I had talked to Lage before about some of these uppers and his answer to me was there were so many different lowers built with different uppers originally that some had metal inserts in the lower to strengthen up the original lower. So he had to design an upper that would fit almost any configuration. You might be able to slide some shims down in with the PIN or even some double-sided tape I've seen some guys put on some to help stiffen them up. Hope that helps. Thank you all for commenting

Thank you so much for taking the time to look into this for me - I really appreciate it! I had actually thought about lowers with the metal tab inserts and how it may have been designed to work around those as well, so this makes a lot of sense. Just like you had mentioned, the wiggle is toward the from takedown pin, so it sounds exactly the same between our lowers and uppers. I'll definitely pick up some sort of washers or shims to see if I can minimize that play toward the front. 

Thank you again and good luck with the sale! It's a fantastic combo and anyone who picks this up is in for a ton of fun.

I'm not sure how to reach you directly outside of this chat.  Can you reach out to me directly regarding purchasing this set?  I'm interested.  Although I don't want the upper, I'll sell that on later.  joe@landscapeguys.com  

Thanks a bunch!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there, first post on the forum but I'm really interested in the Mac and that 10/15 upper. Would you be interested in any type of trades? I don't have any transferrables or NFA stuff, but I've got some more uncommon/high end type guns to trade if you're interested (ex. MG42 (m53) BRP semi auto with MG3 tripod, M1A in EBR chassis w/scope, scar 17s w/trijicon credo) just to name a couple. Got lots of different stuff I'd be willing to trade if youre interested. Thanks!

• 1 month later...