AR-10, Original gun in perfect condition, $50,000

Dstep

Rare, beautiful, and pristine original ArmaLite/ Artillerie-Intrichtengen AR-10 7.62x51 (.308 Win) Battle Rifle. Early production with wooden forearm handguards. Museum quality. One of only 13 transferable original ArmaLite AR 10's available. Price is $50,000 plus shipping and insurance. On e-file form 3 in Arkansas.

IMG_2021 (2).jpg

IMG_2023 (2).jpg

IMG_2025 (2).jpg

IMG_2026 (2).jpg

IMG_2027 (2).jpg

IMG_2028 (2).jpg

IMG_2034 (2).jpg

IMG_2037 (2).jpg

IMG_2039 (2).jpg

IMG_2041 (2).jpg

IMG_2037 (3).jpg

20220123_131233.jpg

20220123_131220.jpg

20220123_131240.jpg

20220123_131253.jpg

20220123_131312.jpg

20220123_131417.jpg

Edited by Dstep
price drop, e-file, added photos
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Owner is only repeating what he was told by Neal Smith of Mentor OH, who sold him the gun in the early eighties. I do know of a gentleman who knows a great deal about these guns, and I will contact him for his opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to hear that. Remind me what we are talking about, since I have been the one selling all his guns. I can remember only one complaint which had to do with the finish on a Thompson not being what the buyer expected, blue when parkerized was expected, or vice-versa.

Yes it was the Thompson which I recently took possession of. Upon a detailed inspection of the parts the actuator was found to be a two piece West Hurley. I asked about it on the Thompson fourm and was advised that it should not be used. That type of actuator has caused injury to people in the past according to fourm members.

I texted Charlie about the junk West Hurley actuator asking him to replace it. But just like the problem with the finish of the gun he chooses not to respond at all. So I guess it’s all on me because I didn’t ask the right questions. Maybe his ads should include the phrase Caveat Emptor

Edited by EJR55

On 11/29/2021 at 1:25 PM, SAMMY! said:

Considering Reed Knight alone has over 50 in his collection, I will question that number as well.

SAMMY!

This is not your run of the mill Portuguese or Guatemala rifle this is a transitional model which is very rare and there may just be 13 in the United States that are C&R transferable. There are many presamples available In the Portuguese and Guatemala type rifles. I own one Transitional model.and it is with in 30 of your rifles SN. Mine was imported in June of 1960 by Fairchild engine and airplane corporation. For Mr. DL Smith who was the owner of this fine rifle. I also have a C&R      Portuguese model thats sn is 60 higher than Reed Knights (74xx) Kent Lomont had sn (76xx) as well i only know of 8 Fully transferable Portuguese AR10’s that were imported into the United States. But $50k is a fair price.

Troy

Thank you for that input Troy. You obviously know a great deal about these guns, and since you have several you must also like them very much. I am surprised given the scarcity of these guns that they are not more expensive, but that is just my opinion which isn't worth much.

David

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see the inside of the lower receiver, the fire control group and particularly the bolt catch area because I have seen damaged lowers caused by the bolt catch operating to stop the bolt after the last round is fired.   There is a lot of mass moving there and I have seen broken webs between the bolt catch slot and the magwell.  It's recommended to use a blank or dummy round as the last cartridge in you magazine to prevent this.  BP

10 hours ago, BPinFL said:

I would like to see the inside of the lower receiver, the fire control group and particularly the bolt catch area because I have seen damaged lowers caused by the bolt catch operating to stop the bolt after the last round is fired.   There is a lot of mass moving there and I have seen broken webs between the bolt catch slot and the magwell.  It's recommended to use a blank or dummy round as the last cartridge in you magazine to prevent this.  BP

Photo collector, or candidate buyer?  You are asking an intimate question.

Cracking of the lower receiver in the bolt catch region can be a problem with the Dutch AR10s.  This one has not been shot nearly enough to expect such an issue. However, converted automatic AR10s are much more prone to this problem due to the softer aluminum used in the lowers.  There are semi and FA Specialty Arms and Telko AR10s that have a mis-shapen or cracked bolt catch area.  This is something to be concerned about when the bolt catch is observed to be canted.  The good news for some is that the softer SA and Telko aluminum is not difficult to weld. Unfortunately the Dutch lowers are not easily repaired.

Edited by HHollow

11 hours ago, BPinFL said:

This rifle is worth every penny he is asking. I offered $45k and was turned down. This is a very rare AR10 Variant. Also in like new condition. Sorry but I just love it.

Troy

Still waiting for some pics of the lower!

I pulled out my Telko FA  for example, and have a Sendra SA to verify FCG info compared to FA.

Thanks Huckleberry for chiming in! I know you are an expert on these scarce guns.  I am not a pic collector, but am an RKI.

Thanks for the boards, Buddy! BP out.

Sorry it took so long, but it will be worth the wait. As the photos show, NO damage or deformation at all, not even a mark in the bolt stop area, and the bolt and hammer show the faintest of scuff marks where they ride against each other during operation. Gun has not been shot much at all.