WTB: Vickers Browning MKII*.303 Spares, Links, SA Build Parts (MG40)

samorgan

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

as you know, the links are going to be tough to find, they were tough even in the 50's and 60's. I had a live twin and you can imagine what I went trough trying to use it at almost 3k rnds per min. in desperation, I started altering 06 links by bending with 2 needle nose pliers, graduated to a pair custom 8" wide pair of alum jaws pinned to a medium vise grip clamp. I used cut wood dowels and stacked them with 7 links for speed. slide them in the jaws and opened them up. later I bought a small pencil torch and applied min heat and they went pretty fast then. a few would be annealed and NG, but if dropped in water fast they were few. just something you might try mike

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

just a thought BUT I DID THIS GUY A HUGE FAVOR AND HE DID A DO DO ON MY FACE!  we chatted several times about his project . I had some kits I got at the end for a steal , so I not only sold him one for less than HALF todays value, I LET HIM AGREE TO MAKE PAYMENTS AFTER I SENT IT.? NOW HE REFUSES TO ANSWER ANY EMAILS OR EVEN LET ME KNOW WHAT HE THOUGHT OF THE STUFF I SENT.  I KNOW, MY FAULT ALONE, BUT I KNEW HE WAS GOING TO HAVE A TOUGH TIME AND WANTED TO  HELP. for my two cents, don't take ANY chances with a guy like this.  we don't need people like him hanging on these boards.!