WTS Steyr Solothurn MP34 C&R 9mm $14,500

PP CORP

Have a very good condition reactivated pre-MP34 model C&R.  It was Form 1 registered in1966 as an un-servicable Steyr Solothurn sub-machine gun by a WW2 vet and was in his estate. The plugged barrel was welded to the inside of the receiver for deactivation. The original matching number to the gun barrel was machined out and in included intact, the chamber partially weld filled can be re-chambered to the original caliber if desired. A 9mm Luger barrel and bolt was eventually found and installed in the gun. It runs good. This is a pre WW2 gun made in 1937 according to the stamp near the serial #  and proof. No other markings on the gun. No Nazi proofs or model # on gun. Stock sn matches the gun and there were two repairs visable in the photos.  The gun was originally chambered in 9mm Mauser and has the wider mag well. Two original wider mags are included and 3 converted MP34 9mm luger mags are included. Fully transferable. Price includes shipping included to your dealer or will transfer to PA resident direct on form 4. 1461045_orig.jpg3589486_orig.jpg3959291_orig.jpg8627946_orig.jpg1235749_orig.jpg3319852_orig.jpg7867505_orig.jpg8158202_orig.jpg9049396_orig.jpg7288032_orig.jpg6024716_orig.jpg

As you note the gun is a "pre-MP34" which makes it an MP30, not an MP34. Usual signs of an MP30 are the shape of the stock, the fixed unhinged sling loop on bottom of the stock and it is unmarked with maker's name and other stamps associated with the 34s. Registered MP30s ars far more scarce than 34s and the few that I have seen have been in similar condition. 

Yes, you can correct it by writing a letter to ATF/NFA with pics of your gun and pics from Submachine Guns of the World or another source of an MP30 and explain the differences. Request that ATF correct the NFRTR with the correct model ID for that serial number. ATF made you put MP34 on your F2 because thaf is the model noted on the original registration of the gun in the NFRTR. Every type of application and form is vetted and compared to the original registration to verify what is in the NFRTR and, if the application or form info is wrong, ATF will not allow you to make changes during paperwork processing. Changes can only be made by letter by the new or current registrant. You are the current registrant so you can do it or leave it for the next registrant after you sell it. Of course, you will have to clarify to a buyer that it is not an MP34. The receiver will fit an MP34 stock, so it can be converted to look like a 34 with a stock. I have both guns and have had another MP30 over the years.

Actually, the original form 1 registration shows the model as "Steyr Solothurn".  They allowed it to be registered in 1966 as a "Steyr Solothurn"  model and then they allowed the transfer to us in 2014 as a model "Steyr Solothurn" . When we re activated it and submitted the form 2 early this year, they took  exception to the model and we went back an forth including me sending them images of the receiver marks and SN.  It could also be an S-100 or an Austrian Army Steyr MP34 according to reference books if the gun was made in 1937. (there is a 37 stamped near the proof and serial #)  After BATF review they said to re-submit as MP34. If they had data on MP30, they should have had me change to that model.  There is not too much information on this particular gun including what serial numbers shipped where. I found this in Wikipedia:

"  The Austrian army adopted the Steyr-Solothurn S1-100 as the Steyr MP34, chambered for the powerful 9×25mm Mauser ammunition."   Since the original barrel is marked 9M It may have been an Austrian army gun. So its possible that BATF is correct and not to be confused with later MP34's.  Who really knows. One this for sure it that these guns are scarce. 

Well, the stock is definitely an MP30 stock. The 34 stock is quite different. For instance, it does not include the safety on the front of the trigger guard or the knurled spring plug on the butt plate. If I recall, the MP30s were not made after 1935, so if the stamping that is on the front left of the receiver is 37, then it's date of manufacture is too lat to be an MP30. Export MP34s were usually marked with a Steyr ID and there are several different logos depending on the date of manufacture. Probably an Austrian issue gun since it was made in 9mm Mauser.

Well, the stock is definitely an MP30 stock. The 34 stock is quite different. For instance, it does not include the safety on the front of the trigger guard or the knurled spring plug on the butt plate. If I recall, the MP30s were not made after 1935, so if the stamping that is on the front left of the receiver is 37, then it's date of manufacture is too lat to be an MP30. Export MP34s were usually marked with a Steyr ID and there are several different logos depending on the date of manufacture. Probably an Austrian issue gun since it was made in 9mm Mauser.

• 4 weeks later...