MAC 10/45 vs STG

Yoss

I have a MAC 10/45 with all the Lage goodies and really enjoy it. I am am in the market for another MG and I find myself very interested by the design of the Stemple Takedown Gun, but I am concerned that these would be too similar to make the investment worthwhile.

Anyone that has shot both--how would you compare the two platforms? Are they different enough to make it worth it to have both?

I have both, an STG takedown and a Mac 10 with the Lage goodies as you put it.  I find the Mac is a lot of fun, particularly with the 5.56 upper or the extremely high cyclic rate rate uppers.  However the STG is a more polished and ergonomic package and 80% of the time it's the one people I shoot with like the most, it's longer stroke and layout makes it so anyone can just use it.   Also Brian is an A+ guy, he's answered any question I've had about it in short order.    For the money you can't beat one of his guns.

The only thing I've found is that it does *not* like L7A1 ammo, and that's literally the only ammo I've found that it doesn't care for at all.  Thankfully extractors are cheap :)

Have you found that the STG replaced the Mac and is just overall a better experience, or is there space for both? 

I enjoy shooting the Mac with both the 9mm and .45 lage uppers now.  I am worried that if I get a STG and it means that the Mac goes into the safe and never comes out again, it might make more sense to look at something more complimentary, like a FNC or wait and spend more for a M16 lower.

Truth be told I do almost exclusively use my Mac with the 5.56 upper now as the STG is a smoother shooter for 9mm.   However for .45 the Mac is somehow more enjoyable, probably because the cyclic rate is ridiculous.